Winner: UN Foundation - Global Moms Relay
The Global Moms Relay brought together some of today’s leading global and local philanthropic voices to start a groundbreaking discussion on the importance of strengthening the health of mothers and children around the world.
Each day, people like Arianna Huffington, Sheryl Sandberg, Jennifer Garner, and even Ricky Martin shared (via blog post) an issue or cause they are committed to, and asked supporters to share the post on social media in order to unlock a $1 donation from Johnson & Johnson. The goal of the relay was, originally, to reach 300,000 social actions, raising $300,000 for charities/campaigns helping women and children lead healthy and happy lives around the world.
The relay proved to be a truly “global” conversation with people sharing from across all 50 states and over 100 countries, along with numerous media mentions and tremendous exposure across social media channels. The Relay was a tremendous success, so much so, that the cap for the Relay was pushed up from 300,000 actions, to 325,000, raising $25,000 more than expected ($325,000 total).
The goal of the Global Moms Relay was to inspire the global online community to take action by giving everyone the ability to make a real impact simply by joining the conversation. Not only did the posts inspire good, but sharing the posts helped change lives. With just a share or a tweet, anyone could help save a child’s life.
Each day, people like Jennifer and Linda Lopez, Huffington, Sandberg and Martin came together as part of the Relay by using social media tools ranging from interviews, to blog posts, to photos and videos in order to highlight the power of motherhood, to share an issue or cause they are committed to, or to talk about the mothers who inspires them.
They then “passed the baton” to the next relay participant. Each time a Global Moms Relay piece was shared, liked, commented on, or favorited on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, etc. Johnson & Johnson donated $1 to one of four initiatives that are helping women and children lead healthy and happy lives around the world: Mobile Alliance for Maternal Action (MAMA), the GirlUp campaign, the [email protected] campaign, and UNICEF.
• 451 Marketing - Flying High with the Hood Blimp
• The ALS Association - ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
• Essencius - The Anthon Berg Generosity Express
• Eastern Virginia Medical School - #Felinethropy #GiveRightMeow
• Flowers Communications Group - 2015 Honda Battle of the Bands
• G&S Business Communications - @SyngentaUS National Farm Machinery Show Jumbotron
• The Howard Hughes Corporation - Downtown Summerlin Grand Opening
• Marina Maher Communications LLC and Crowdtap, Inc. - U by Kotex Taps into a Universal Female Truth, Connects with Young Women Everywhere and Saves the Undies
• PAN Communications - Are you the Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker of the Office?