Winner: Flashpoint PR - Inspiring the Makers of Today and Tomorrow: LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Platform Launch
When the LEGO MINDSTORMS (LMS) robotics platform launched in 1998, it was regarded as the first real “smart toy,” and since then has been widely recognized as the gold standard in consumer robotics. Fifteen years later, The LEGO Group (TLG) launched a redesigned platform called MINDSTORMS EV3, a system designed to excite and challenge an audience of children who have grown up with technology and give the now significant audience of consumer robotics hobbyists and enthusiasts a more flexible and powerful way to build robots.
Flashpoint PR created a global launch program for MINDSTORMS EV3 that strove to introduce a new generation to LMS by providing compelling hands-on moments where possible while clearly communicating the core brand message: Build and command robots that do what you want.
EV3 was included in over 200 articles at the Consumer Electronics Show and received seven “best of” awards from publications such as Popular Mechanics, PCMag.com, Mashable, Popular Science and more. EV3 product reviews have garnered additional acclaim including a Mashable Choice 2013 award and PCMag.com Best Game of The Year.
The EV3 has also been the subject of feature stories in the Associated Press, TIME Magazine, Popular Science, Smithsonian Magazine and the cover of Boys’ Life. With additional coverage from outlets including: USA Today, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, ABC News, Discovery Channel, WIRED, CNET, The Huffington Post, TechCrunch and Washington Post.
- Cohn & Wolfe - Bringing Luster to the Lumia
- The Narrative Group – McDonald’s Premium McWrap
- NBC Entertainment - Late Night with Seth Meyers Launch Campaign
- NBC Entertainment - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Launch Campaign
- NEST Fragrances - PASSION Candle for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation Launch
- Nokia - X Marks the Spot
- RockOrange - Chupie: The Binky that Returned Home by Thalia
- Skyya Communications - Rebirth of an Iconic 112-year old American Brand: Indian Motorcycle
- Tanis Communications - Launching an Innovative and Exciting Company to Shake Up a Market