Join PR News for an in-depth look at what it really takes to get your press release picked up in today’s hectic media landscape. On May 19, 2016, veteran media relations professionals will share their know-how in placing stories in media outlets whose gatekeepers are strapped for time and have even less patience for a sloppy press release.
It’s a cliché at this point, but nonetheless true: Newsrooms are short-staffed, which means they’re always on the lookout for rich, multimedia content. Luckily for media outlets, PR can offer the stories and immersive experiences that audiences crave. From writing the perfect subject line to using innovative digital methods of distribution, attendees will gain a powerful understanding of the current state of the press release.
What You'll Learn
- Incorporate multimedia into your press releases to give short-staffed news teams the rich media experience their audiences want
- Use Twitter to build relationships with journalists and craft 140-character story pitches
- Use SEO tactics to extend the reach and effectiveness of your release
- Tailor press releases to specific types of media—web, print, broadcast, etc.
- Use social media as a distribution tool
- Use GIFs, emojis and memes to spice up press releases when applicable
- Differentiate between a release that calls for broad distribution tactics versus a release that needs a highly targeted distribution method
- Write social-ready headlines that are sure to get shared
Who Should Attend?
If you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas, you should attend this webcast:
- Business Development
- Community Relations
- Content Creation
- Crisis Management
- Digital PR and Social Media
- Marketing Communications
- Media Relations
- Public Affairs/Issues Management
- Public Relations
- Research and Analytics
Registration Fee: $399 per site - CDs available for purchase
For questions regarding this webinar, contact Rachel Scharmann at firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-354-1713.
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 1-866-709-8255 or click here.
Each "Webinar Only" registration comes with access to the archived version of the program for one year, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar. Should you wish to retain access to the training for more than one year, the CD is also available on its own or as a package with the online access.
All webinar registrations are non-returnable and non-refundable. Payment in full must accompany your registration.
PURCHASE NOW On-demand webinars are available for one year after the live webcast.
View the list of complete requirements and instructions for how to access webinars here.