Your Next Brand Crisis: How to Create a Communications Plan for It
Thursday, October 30, 2014, 1:30-3 p.m. ET
Crisis management experts say it’s not a question of if your brand will be mired in a crisis, it’s a question of when. The list of potential crises scenarios is endless: rogue tweets, rogue employees, viral videos, workplace violence, product recalls, catastrophic product failures, natural disasters, terrorism, epidemics, ethical lapses, layoffs, boycotts, criminal investigations…
Participate in PR News’ Oct. 30 webinar, when crisis management experts Jana Telfer of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Shana Harris of Warschawski and Heather Dopson of Social Media Explorer will share with you the essential building blocks of crisis planning, and case study examples of effective communications plans to have at the ready so you can lead your organization’s communications strategy the next time it faces a crisis.
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to
- Monitor social media channels for potentially damaging news and commentary
- Craft a core message that is communicated to all social media channels
- Ensure that internal and external communications are consistent
- Create a response team that can implement your plan at the necessary time
- Develop a vulnerability checklist for your organization
- Create a plan for dealing with the media that can be modified for various kinds of crises
- Identify and use specific criteria to determine the severity of a crisis
- Establish a chain of command to manage messaging before a crisis hits
Questions and Fees?
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Rachel Scharmann at firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-354-1713.
Registration Fee: $379 per site - CDs available for purchase
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
How Does the Webinar Work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Operating system: Windows XP SP3 and above, Apple Mac OS X 10.7+ Lion, Apple iOS 5.1+, Android 4.3+,
- Processor: 1GHz1=
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 20+, Safari 5+ , Google Chrome 20+
- Hardware: AUDIO: Sound Card with speakers. VIDEO: Screen with 1024x768+ resolution support.
- Media Playback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+ , Apple iOS and Android: http streaming enabled browser
- Internet Connection: 700kbps+ connection
- Ram: 1GB
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for webinars. All sales are final.