Editor’s Note: The composition of your core PR crisis team, how often it meets and how it jumps into action when a situation arises form this edition’s dialogue, which was lightly edited. The participants are Ayme Zemke, EVP, client service & certified crisis communication leader, Beehive Strategic Communication, and Leonard Greenberger, VP, AKCG-Public Relations Counselors.
- Keep the CEO off your core crisis team, at least initially.
- A nimble, cross-functional team is best, and should sometimes include external members.
- Familiarize members with each other and crisis procedures via periodic practice.
- Basic protocols are invaluable.
- Avoid finger-pointing with fact gathering.
Crisis Insider: Should the CEO be a member of the crisis team at the outset?
Subscribe to PRNEWS for unlimited access to all digital intelligence, exclusive reports and more. Learn More.
Access to all Crisis Insider articles, quarterly reports and valuable blueprints for crisis management.
Per Month Lowest Price
Unlimited access to all Premium and Crisis Insider articles and monthly reports.
First Year Offer
Already a subscriber?