Register now for this Social Media for Nonprofits Workshop led by Krisleigh Hoermann, social media strategist for American Heart Association, scheduled for March 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. The workshop will be held the morning of PR News’ Nonprofit PR Awards, also taking place at the National Press Club.
In the revolving door of social media, platforms and best-in-class tactics are tough to follow. As a professional communicator, you understand the power and importance of social media for your nonprofit organization. In particular, as a nonprofit communicator working with limited resources, you’re well aware how social media has leveled the playing field and opened new avenues of outreach to your organization’s members, potential members, donors, volunteers, corporate partners and media.
But, are you using social media to their full advantage? Join PR News on March 11 for this half-day workshop that gives you the tools and strategies you need to fully integrate social media into your PR strategy and make it work for you—even if you’re a PR staff of one.
Our workshop trainer, Krisleigh Hoermann, social media strategist for American Heart Association (AHA), has been there too. She’ll give you firsthand examples of strategies that have worked (and a few that haven’t) and offer real-world tactics that you can use to build an engaged community of advocates, generate media coverage, expand volunteer and fundraising efforts, increase awareness of your nonprofit and manage a crisis while becoming a better online storytellers.
This interactive workshop will show you the fundamentals of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, and how your nonprofit should create a winning strategy and use these platforms for its PR initiatives.
"I learned more in one day than I've learned all year!"
--Director, New Media, American Heart Association
"This was a great event. Not only were the speakers knowledgeable and engaging, but the attendees were awesome. And networking was great!"
--Communications Manager, CIGNA
Social Media Strategist, American Heart Association
As social media strategist for the American Heart Association, Krisleigh Hoermann is responsible for connecting the brand with online audiences, creating communities and building the nonprofit online. Krisleigh focuses on emerging digital communications strategy for the organization.
Prior to joining the AHA, Krisleigh provided public relations and social media strategy to a variety of industries, including nonprofit, healthcare, event, retail, energy and finance.
You'll Become an Expert In
- Create organizational excitement for building a social business
- Build a social media foundation and strategy with your current resources
- Establish the optimal combination of staff and resources for your social media activity
- Identify the optimal frequency for posting new content
- Develop relationships with the media on LinkedIn and Twitter to elevate your campaigns and increase thought leadership
- Engage a community of advocates across social media platforms, like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram
- Use powerful imagery to grow engaged communities on Pinterest and Instagram
- Craft meaningful stories that can foster passion and sharing for your nonprofit
- Use free or low-cost tools to build and monitor your community
- Integrate content from your Web site and blog on your social media presences
- Keep messaging consistent across social media platforms and in PR messaging
- Launch a volunteer program that creates a support system for your social media presences
PR News Certificate:
Testimonials from Past PR News Conferences:
- This was a great event. Not only were the speakers knowledgeable and engaging, but the attendees were awesome. And networking was great! --Communications Manager, CIGNA
- My favorite speakers were Eliason, McCormick, Miller, Perkett and Roth. Great content; great presenters. – Media Relations Manager, ACT
- I thought it was incredibly relevant to the audience. I walked away with several key ideas that I can’t wait to implement on my clients behalf. – Chief Public Affairs Officer, Clemson University
- Great topics. Good variety. - President, Andrea Obston Marketing Communications
- It was a fantastically event, and many of the strategies delivered today will inform our company’s social media policies moving forward. – Online News Producer, Education Week
- Very good, well organized. – Director eRecruitment & Social Media, Sun Life Financial
- Great conference, speakers and venue!! Loved the clean, candid approach of all speakers towards the challenging environment of social media. -External Relations, US Operations and Marketing North America, Procter & Gamble
- I thought it was a wonderful event and I learned a great deal. It was an incredibly valuable seminar.
-VP of Marketing, Retirement Living TV
- I was also so impressed with the overall event. The quality of the presentations was top-notch, and the ability to network with like-minded people during the breaks and at lunch was invaluable. -Director, Global Media Relations, SAP AG
- This was one of the best conferences I've ever attended. - Social Media Manager, Nautica
- I learned more in one day than I've learned all year! -Director, New Media, American Heart Association
- Fantastic keynote. The energy was perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up. Loved that PR is so well represented - rarely the case at other social media conferences. -Executive Director, PR & Communications, Jackson Spalding
- Great information and speakers. -E-Marketing Specialist, Ruud Lighting, Inc.
- Extremely helpful program and I learned a lot. -CEO, Alongi Media Solutions
- Wonderful and insightful event in which I would like to have my entire team participate, including some clients. -Account Executive, Digital Brand Architects
- Great event! I'm taking away valuable information and am excited to put the new knowledge to use! Well executed. Thanks! -Communications and Organizational Effectiveness Analyst, Hostess Brands, Inc.
- Fantastic and inspiring! -Program Marketing Manager, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Very helpful ideas that I will be able to use right away. Thanks! -Staff Services Manager, CalPERS
- Great speakers. -General Manager, KXLY Radio Group
Each registration comes with the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the PR Media Relations Conference. [Back to the Top]