PR News Workshop: Leadership Strategies for Communicators – February 27, 2015
Good leaders in PR possess all the characteristics you might expect of someone guiding an organization. They also know how to manage emotional clients and situations, adapt to rapidly changing business environments and stay on top of the numerous technological developments that impact the industry daily, usually all at the same time.
Join PR News on February 27 at New York City’s Grand Hyatt for a half-day workshop that will explore the qualities of leadership in PR, the unique challenges that PR leaders face and how to attain and exercise a leadership outlook. Our trainers will share their experience as leaders in communications and offer examples of good (and poor) leadership in action.
In a series of dynamic sessions, you will learn in detail how leaders define and embrace a vision for their team, set goals and pursue them, use effective communications techniques, manage a team and become more efficient with your time. You will also take part in a series of interactive exercises with fellow attendees in which you will work through various scenarios that will test your own leadership skills.
Don’t miss this opportunity to begin the New Year with a fresh perspective on leadership. Also, be sure to join PR News for the Top Women in PR Awards Luncheon, taking place later that day at the Grand Hyatt New York.
Senior Partner and CEO, North America
Group Vice President, Corporate Communications
Time Warner Cable
Principal and Co-Founder
At this workshop, you'll learn how to:
- Motivate your team to work together to achieve a stated goal
- Identify team member strengths and weaknesses and assign responsibilities accordingly
- Manage your time and resources to effectively meet your goals
- Enhance your team’s communication skills on social media
- Adapt to unexpected developments and set new priorities on the fly
- Communicate openly and effectively with upper management
- Collaborate with others in your company and make them heroes
- Create a professional environment that respects employees’ personal lives
- Spot the difference between a fad and an ongoing trend that may change the PR landscape
PR News Leadership Strategies for Communicators Workshop:
Workshop Date/Time: February 27, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Price: $575 Per Person | Register Now
|Per Person Rate||Regular Rate:|
|Workshop & Top Women in PR Awards Luncheon||
|Workshop & Top Women in PR Awards Luncheon (Group)||
Grand Hyatt New York
Gallery 1 on Lobby Level
109 East 42nd Street at Grand Central Terminal,
New York, New York, USA 10017
Each registration comes with a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Leadership for Communicators Workshop.
Testimonials from Past PR News Conferences:
- I thought it was incredibly relevant to the audience. I walked away with several key ideas that I can't wait to implement on my clients behalf. – Chief Public Affairs Officer, Clemson University
- This was a great event. Not only were the speakers knowledgeable and engaging, but the attendees were awesome. And networking was great! – Communications Manager, CIGNA
- Great topics. Good variety. – President, Andrea Obston Marketing Communications
- It was a fantastic event, and many of the strategies delivered today will inform our company's social media policies moving forward. – Online News Producer, Education Week
- Great conference, speakers and venue! Loved the clean, candid approach of all speakers towards the challenging environment of social media. – External Relations, US Operations and Marketing North America, Procter & Gamble
- I thought it was a wonderful event and I learned a great deal. It was an incredibly valuable seminar. – VP of Marketing, Retirement Living TV
- I was also so impressed with the overall event. The quality of the presentations was top-notch, and the ability to network with like-minded people during the breaks and at lunch was invaluable. – Director, Global Media Relations, SAP AG
- This was one of the best conferences I've ever attended. – Social Media Manager, Nautica
- I learned more in one day than I've learned all year! – Director, New Media, American Heart Association
- Fantastic keynote. The energy was perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up. Loved that PR is so well represented – rarely the case at other social media conferences. – Executive Director, PR & Communications, Jackson Spalding
- My favorite speakers were Eliason, McCormick, Miller, Perkett and Roth. Great content; great presenters. – Media Relations Manager, ACT
Each registration comes with the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the PR News Leadership Workshop for Communicators.
For questions about the workshop, contact Rachel Scharmann at [email protected]; 301-354-1713 or to register by phone contact Mary-Lou French at [email protected]; 301-354-1851.
Contact Senior Vice President & Group Publisher, Diane Schwartz at [email protected].
- Visualization Checklist
- Certificate of Attendance
- Attendee Workbook
- Attendee-Only Access to Presentations
The workshop is limited to 25 participants in order to create an interactive experience with personalized attention.
- Community Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Crisis Management
- Digital Communications
- Media Relations
- PR Firms
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Social Media