Winner: ExxonMobil - Be An Engineer Campaign
The overall objective of the ExxonMobil - Be An Engineer (BAE) Campaign was to celebrate the 'E' in STEM—i.e., shine a light on the “engineering” aspect in the often-referenced “science, technology, engineering and math” acronym.
In addition to traditional advertising, which ExxonMobil placed in broadcast and digital outlets nationally, the strategy also included integrating original digital content across a broad range of channels—including owned, paid and earned platforms, with the goal of extending BAE brand awareness.
The BAE team took an integrated approach on execution, leveraging a variety of tactics to engage target audiences and establish a movement around this crucial issue. BeAnEngineer.com served as a hub for the entire initiative, providing robust resources that include engineering profiles, educational tools, a list of engineering disciplines, a list of crowd-sourced reasons to “Be An Engineer” and a variety of multimedia assets.
The team also developed Be An Engineer-branded collateral, including social content, infographics and videos, and shared them with association and university partners for broader distribution.
The campaign, which ran for a total of six weeks (concluding on Nov. 13, 2014), far surpassed all objectives within its first week. When the six-week effort hand ended, it had 1,261,852 unique visitors and 2,417,334 total page views; heading into the campaign, the goal was to drive at least 1.4 million page views to BeAnEngineer.com in the first six weeks of the program.
Another goal that was surpassed by a large margin was to generate two million combined views of the eight videos created as part of the “Build Tomorrow” video series with CNN Digital; in actuality, “Build Tomorrow” received 3,203,355 total video views across all eight videos.
ExxonMobil also sought to engage social media followers in the BAE effort and invite new followers, especially younger audiences, to learn about engineering opportunities. Results of that effort included 17,543,167 total engagements across Twitter, LinkedIn, Blog, Vine, BuzzFeed and YouTube.
· The ALS Association - ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
· CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield - #IBackTheBirds Campaign
· CSS Corp - Care for Paws - Save the Tiger
· FleishmanHillard - L’Oréal Paris Ignites Conversation Among Women About Self-Worth
· Litton Entertainment - "Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet"- World Oceans Day 2015
· National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization - Moments of Life: Made Possible by Hospice
· Pizza Hut - BOOK IT! Program Celebrates 30 Years With Alumni Association
· TogoRun - L'Oreal & MRA "It’s THAT Worth It” Campaign
· Toyota - TeenDrive365 Distracted Driving Experience
· USC Shoah Foundation and Discovery Education - Auschwitz: The Past is Present
· Weber Shandwick & Mondelez - Now We're Newtons
· Weber Shandwick in partnership with Unilever - Rinse. Recycle. Reimagine