8:00 - 11:00 a.m. | Marriott Marquis, NYC
Join PR News on October 26 for the Writing Workshop at the Marriott Marquis in New York City, where you will learn the skills you need to be a good PR writer and create appealing content for a variety of channels. You will get the how-to’s from expert trainers in writing SEO-optimized and shareable press releases, crafting email pitches that cut through the clutter, developing effective social media content, applying storytelling concepts to your PR messaging and much more.
Effective PR writing is the foundation of successful messaging. Carefully crafted writing can communicate the strengths of a brand or an idea to virtually any targeted audience. It can convert skeptics into evangelists, and make any blog post, social media campaign, press release, email or story pitch resonate with even the toughest of critics.
- Simplify your language and avoid the use of complex or vague industry jargon
- Manage edits from clients and colleagues that compromise the quality and effectiveness of your PR writing
- Write killer, search-optimized press release headlines and leads that grab readers' attention
- Craft releases that go beyond just "what, where and when" to "why" and "why now"
- Research target keywords and implement them to gain better visibility and increase brand exposure on search engines
- Format written content to increase its SEO potential
- Write tweets that will be noticed and retweeted
- Tell your brand's story through social media
- Write email pitches in a format that maximizes journalists' ability to perceive value for the audiences
- Provide specific information and insights to journalists who are increasingly generalists on smaller staffs
- Bridge the gap between good writing and effective storytelling
- Craft social media content that is likely to stimulate engagement
PR News Writing Workshop:
Workshop Date/Time: October 26, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Price: $575 Per Person | Register Now
|Per Person Rate||Regular Rate:|
|Workshop & Platinum PR & Agency Elite Awards Luncheon (Individual)||
|Workshop & Platinum PR & Agency Elite Awards Luncheon (Group)||
The Marriott Marquis, New York City
New York, NY 10036
Each registration comes with a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Writing Workshop.
- I thought it was incredibly relevant to the audience. I walked away with several key ideas that I can't wait to implement on my clients behalf. – Chief Public Affairs Officer, Clemson University
- This was a great event. Not only were the speakers knowledgeable and engaging, but the attendees were awesome. And networking was great! – Communications Manager, CIGNA
- Great topics. Good variety. – President, Andrea Obston Marketing Communications
- It was a fantastic event, and many of the strategies delivered today will inform our company's social media policies moving forward. – Online News Producer, Education Week
- Great conference, speakers and venue! Loved the clean, candid approach of all speakers towards the challenging environment of social media. – External Relations, US Operations and Marketing North America, Procter & Gamble
- I thought it was a wonderful event and I learned a great deal. It was an incredibly valuable seminar. – VP of Marketing, Retirement Living TV
- I was also so impressed with the overall event. The quality of the presentations was top-notch, and the ability to network with like-minded people during the breaks and at lunch was invaluable. – Director, Global Media Relations, SAP AG
- This was one of the best conferences I've ever attended. – Social Media Manager, Nautica
- I learned more in one day than I've learned all year! – Director, New Media, American Heart Association
- Fantastic keynote. The energy was perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up. Loved that PR is so well represented – rarely the case at other social media conferences. – Executive Director, PR & Communications, Jackson Spalding
Each registration comes with the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the PR News Writing Workshop.
For questions about the workshop or to register by phone, contact Jessica Placencia at email@example.com; 301-354-1641. For information on registering for the Platinum PR & Agency Elite Awards Luncheon, contact Mary-Lou French at firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-354-1851.
Interested in sponsoring this event?
Contact Account Executive, Lindsay Silverberg at email@example.com.
- Bonus checklists and tip sheets
- Certificate of Attendance
- Attendee-Only Access to Presentations
- Community Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Crisis Management
- Digital Communications
- Media Relations
- PR Firms
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Social Media