When your email lands in a journalist’s inbox, does she recognize your name? Or are you just part of the daily flood of indiscriminate pitches?
Join PR News on June 28 to hear from some of the top minds in media relations on how to combine social media and email to build mutually productive relationships with journalists.
Reporters are individuals in the extreme, so while some will love social media, others are committed to working over email exclusively. Whichever communication method resonates with a journalist, the work starts long before sending a pitch.
What You'll Learn
- How to use social media to follow, engage and learn about a reporter’s coverage area
- Which email formats and subject lines are most likely to get noticed, and the best and worst times to send them
- The art of identifying the right journalists for your industry on sites like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- What to include in emails so reporters have everything they need in one place
- How to be a resource for journalists even when they’re not writing about your organization
- How and when to provide images, infographics and other multimedia on email and social media
- The power of excellent research, data and quantitative information in media relations
- The art of the appropriately-timed follow-up and when it’s necessary to move to the next individual
- How to pitch effectively to data-inspired journalists
Who Should Attend?
If you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas, you should attend this webcast:
- Community Relations
- Digital Communications
- Social Media
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Crisis Management
- Media Relations
- PR Firms
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
Registration Fee: $399 per site.
For questions regarding this webinar, contact Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 1-866-709-8255 or click here.
Each "Webinar Only" registration comes with access to the archived version of the program for one year and all materials provided by the speakers.
PURCHASE NOW On-demand webinars are available for one year after the live webcast.