Winner: Weber Shandwick on behalf of MilkPEP - Chocolate Milk: From the Grid Iron to IRONMAN
A growing body of published research suggests the nutrient profile of chocolate milk can help athletes recover after hard workouts so they can perform at their best during the next bout of exercise. With this research in mind, Weber Shandwick aimed at athletic consumers a long-form video series that followed Hines Ward, Paula Newby-Fraser and three everyday athletes on epic, life-changing journeys.
The "Become One" training journey series captured key milestones (races, major successes) and the day-to-day sacrifices and challenges athletes face. Central to the online documentary series was Ward's participation in the 140.6-mile Ironman World Championship triathlon in Kona-Kailua, Hawaii. The series also highlighted the role that chocolate milk played in Ward's training and recovery.
Weber Shandwick leveraged those key milestones with media to generate awareness of the chocolate milk recovery messages and drive “tune-ins” of the video series. Earned media generated more than 296 million branded impressions, including 3.2 million viewers of a four-minute segment about Hines during the Emmy Award-winning NBC coverage of the Ironman World Championship.
- Accenture - Client Success Stories: High performance. Delivered.
- Burson-Marsteller and Behr Paint - Brand Awareness Campaign
- Grey Activation & PR - Marriott Hotels’ “Travel Brilliantly”
- Ketchum on behalf of The Clorox Company - Don’t Cry Over Ick…Laugh It Up With Clorox Bleach
- O'Malley Hansen Communications - Playtex: Be Uniquely You
- T-Mobile - The Year of the Un-carrier
- Weber Shandwick on behalf of iStock by Getty Images - Free the Creative