Winner: Biosector 2 and Novartis Oncology - Count Us, Know Us, Join Us: Uniting the Advanced Breast Cancer Community
Despite widespread attention and knowledge of breast cancer, the estimated 250,000 women living with advanced breast cancer (ABC) around the world often feel isolated by and lost in the greater breast cancer movement because their needs are so different from early stage patients.
As a result, Biosector 2 and Novartis Oncology partnered with the advocacy community to develop the Count Us, Know Us, Join Us (Count Us) program to provide ready access to information and resources specific to the ABC community, in addition to a global platform to help make their voices heard and make them feel counted. The campaign, which includes an interactive website platform, social media channels, online digital magazine and video series, and community-focused e-toolkits, employed non-traditional public relations strategies to leverage all unique assets and amplify ABC awareness online and through social. Program success also relied on grassroots momentum, made possible through understanding of community needs and strong relationships with leading advocacy organizations who also have active online presences.
To date, The Count Us program has generated more than 140 million impressions, comprised of traditional media, social media, video views, website traction and advocacy engagement, all furthering the objectives of uniting and amplifying the global community, raising their profile and bringing broad recognition by encouraging others to join the cause.
• Catalyst IMG - Timex Ironman 2014 National Running Day
• Finn Partners on behalf of Jamba Juice - Getting Juicy with Social Media Influencers
• Marina Maher Communications - U by Kotex and Generation Know: Creating a Movement of Women to Spread the Word about Vaginal Health
• Meredith Xcelerated Marketing - Igniting Italian Passion with Lavazza's Passionistas
• Sway Group - Ariat brings classic equestrian style to high-fashion audience