There are few more compelling subjects than healthcare. And while all communicators have stress in their jobs-a recent study named PR executive in the top 10 of most-stressful jobs in America-some PR pros in healthcare deal with life and death. Similarly, the high degree of regulation surrounding healthcare means PR pros in the space are among the most creative around.
For these and other reasons, PRNEWS is celebrating women communicators in healthcare during a gala awards luncheon next month in NY City. The Top Women in Healthcare Awards lunch is slated for July 16 at The Yale Club.
The event is certain to be a prime networking opportunity for those at the heart of this vital industry (pun definitely intended).
These awards will benchmark the work of communicators, PR firms and communications and marketing teams that stood out for their creativity, strategic acumen and successful outcomes in the healthcare field.
In addition to the categories below, whose winners will be announced at the luncheon, PRNEWS will honor several deserving veteran and newly minted healthcare communicators.
Legacy honorees are: Cherilyn G. Murer of CGM Advisory Group and Inova Sports' Robin West. Rising Stars slated for honors are: Erin Cascio of MCS Healthcare Public Relations, Alex Coren of Wambi, LLC and Foothills Gateway, Inc's Christine Gillispie.
The guest presenters will include: Kristi Kuhl, managing partner, Finn Partners, Barb Box, EVP, strategy & business engagement, Evoke KYNE and Stephanie Moritz, CCO, American Dental Association.
The full list of the 2019 Top Women in Healthcare finalists in each category is below:
- Jodi Amendola Amendola Communications
- Eva Heintz Solvay
- Elyse Margolis W2O Group
- Rebecca Parker, M.D. FACEP Envision Healthcare
- Mary Claire Duch W2O Group
- Reagan Pruitt Blue Cross NC
- Erica Kless MSL
- Maura Bergen Porter Novelli
- Gina D’Angelo-Mullen CareMount Medical
- Sarah Dembert imre health
- Meghan Gutierrez Lymphoma Research Foundation
- Lee Hedman Surgical Directions
- Sherry McAllister, M.S., DC Foundation for Chiropractic Progress
- Stephanie Moritz American Dental Association
- Edwina Payne Avanos Medical
- Samantha Schwarz Golin
- Tiffany Wirth WEX Health
- Zoë Barry ZappRx
- Jillian Bridgette Cohen Virtual Health Partners
- Alexandra Drane Rebel Health | ARCHANGELS
- Nicole Osmer Health+Commerce
- Robecca Quammen, DBA MBA FACHE HealthITq
- Mandy Key Horizon Pharma
- Joy Solomon The Weinberg Center for Elder Justice
- Arnese Stern, MSN RN healthcareconsumer.info
- Kimberly Townsend Loretto
- Mary Cooper SAIC
- Suchitra Hourigan Inova Translational Medicine Institute
- Melissa Kozak Citus Health
- Sara Leclerc ViiV Healthcare Canada
- Rebecca Madsen UnitedHealthcare
- Peggy Maguire Cambia Health Foundation
- Leslie Simmons RN, FACHE Carroll Hospital & LifeBridge Health
- Robin Smith, MD MBA The Cura Foundation