Winner: Marina Maher Communications - Connecting with Consumers and Influencers on Twitter in Real-Time to Create Army of Endorsers
Head & Shoulders is the #1 shampoo in the world, but due to a stigma around discussing dandruff, it was not dominating competitors in positive word-of-mouth, which is what drives continued brand preference.
Marina Maher Communications (MMC) needed to improve share of voice, sentiment and benefit awareness where the conversations were happening to drive a deeper connection with target consumers.
MMC closely monitored daily discussions around dandruff, shampoo, scalp conditions and the H&S brand itself. MMC then engaged audience members to develop a relationship and encourage trial of the product. This approach built a community of advocates who shared positive feedback about the product with their social circles, which MMC then amplified with paid media to target more potential consumers. Because consumers trust peer and influencer recommendations more than they trust brands, these amplified third-party endorsements were incredibly impactful.
This effort established a commanding presence in the overall competitive haircare set, achieving a 133% increase in conversation volume and a 62% increase in share of voice. From an amplification standpoint, the whitelisted content achieved up to a 40% engagement rate at launch, which is 13 times the P&G average for CPG brands (3%). Finally, from a business standpoint, the program contributed to an increase in business value, volume share and sales.
- FleishmanHillard - Siemens at #HIMSS16: Revolutionizing social engagement through insight and #efficiency
- Largemouth Communications - Revving Up Twitter Engagement for the Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America
- Pitney Bowes - #PowerofPrecisionChat Global Tweet Chat Program
- Turkish Economy Bank - TEB's Women Banking
- Weber Shandwick & Mars Inc. - M&M'S 1 Million Tastes of Crispy Giveaway - #NashHasCrispy
- Weber Shandwick & Mars Inc. - M&M’S #MakeMLaugh Red Nose Day Campaign