Every CEO worth his or her salt knows that corporate social responsibility is now a critical component of any organization’s strategic business plan. That’s why effective CSR communications to communities, customers and the general public is so important. This is what PR News’ annual CSR Awards are all about: honoring the most effective CSR communications programs. We present here our CSR Awards finalists—congratulations to all of them. This year we’ve added an exclusive club to the mix, our CSR A-List, featuring winning agencies that have established a proven track record in developing and managing CSR programs for clients. The winners will be announced at the CSR Awards luncheon on April 17 at the JW Marriott in Washington, D.C. For event information, click here. To advertise in the special issue, contact Diane Schwartz at email@example.com.
CSR A-List (winners)
• APCO Worldwide • Burson-Marsteller • Carmichael Lynch Spong • Cone Communications • Edelman • Euro RSCG Worldwide • MWW Group • RF Binder • Strategic Objectives Inc. • Waggener Edstrom Worldwide • Weber Shandwick
CSR Professionals of the Year (winners)
• John Brock - Coca-Cola Enterprises • Zafar Brooks - Hyundai Motor America • Lewis Fix - Domtar Corporation • Michael Kempner - MWW Group • Sonia Sroka - Porter Novelli
CSR Hall of Fame Inductees
• The Body Shop • Campbell Soup Company • Deloitte - Greening the Dot • Timberland
• Apartment Investment and Management Company and Singer Associates • Bank of America, Weber Shandwick, APCO Worldwide, Hill Holiday • Brown-Forman Corp. • CSC •Dresser-Rand • Southwest Airlines • Sutter Health
• Amway • Cone Communications • CVS Caremark All Kids Can Blog
Cause Branding Campaign
• First Choice Power and Moroch PR • JetBlue Airways and Company 20 Inc. • National Football League and the American Cancer Society • Tyson Foods and Mitchell Communications Group Inc. • Viacom Inc. • WWE • Yum! Brands and Weber Shandwick Chicago
• Bridgestone Americas Inc. and Public Strategies Inc. • Hershey Company • Honda Manufacturing of Alabama • National Football League • Office Depot Foundation and JKG Group • Raytheon and InkHouse Media + Marketing • Vodafone Turkey • The Walt Disney Company
Corporate - Community Partnership
• Benjamin Moore and VP+C • Discovery Communications • JetBlue Airways and Company 20 Inc. • Toys R Us and Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation • Transitions Optical, Inc. and Burson-Marsteller • Türk Telekom and Ogilvy Capitol PR • Tyco International, Ltd.
Corporations with Less than 10,000 Employees
• Carmichael Lynch Spong • Doral Bank • Honda Manufacturing of Alabama • VHA Inc.
Corporations with more than 10,000 Employees
• Coca-Cola Enterprises • Honeywell • IBM Corp. • Oracle • Procter & Gamble
CSR on a Shoestring
• Baruch College • Boscobel Marketing Communications • The French Will Never Forget and Euro RSCG Worldwide PR • Grant Thornton LLP • Valley Metro and R&R Partners
• Doral Bank • Duane Morris • Huntington National Bank • Kaiser Permanente • PepsiCo Inc. • Select Health of South Carolina • Southwest Airlines Co.
• Flextronics and Elite PR Consultants • Hershey Co. • Jimmy Dean & MWW Group • Kraft Foods • L’Oreal USA • Molson Coors Canada • PricewaterhouseCoopers & Edelman
Employee Volunteer Program
• BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and Katcher Vaughn & Bailey PR • Discovery Communications • HanesBrands and O’Malley Hansen Communications • IBM Corp. and Ketchum • Molson Coors Canada • Philips Electronics
• American Airlines and Weber Shandwick • Bayer AG • Consumer Electronics Association • Enermodal Engineering Ltd. • USANA Health Sciences • VHA Inc. and Chandler Chicco Agency
Event: CSR/Green Focus
• Brita Products Company and Edelman • Carlson Wagonlit Travel • Coca-Cola Enterprises • Philipss Avent and Elite PR Group
Facebook Communications Campaign
• American Airlines and Weber Shandwick • Astellas Pharma US Inc. and Hill and Knowlton • BlueCross BlueShield of Florida • Cartoon Network
Green PR Campaign
• Avon Products Inc. and Fenton • Hershey Company • PepsiCo and Ruder Finn • Timberland and Cone Communications
Human Rights Communications
• The Body Shop Americas and Bratskeir & Company • ManpowerGroup
• IBM Corporation and Ketchum • Intel Corporation and North of Nine Communications • Kangaroo Express and Largemouth Communications • NASCAR Foundation and Aspire Communications & Marketing Inc. • Türk Telekom and Ogilvy Capitol PR • Virginia Beach CVB and BCF
• Abbott and Partners in Health and Edelman • American Express, the National Trust for Historic Preservation and LaBreche • Hasbro and the Points of Light Institute • Kraft Foods, the Kraft Foods Foundation and Feeding America Partnership • National Football League and the American Cancer Society • Pacific Gas & Electric, Habitat for Humanity and Fleishman-Hillard San Francisco • SAP and PlaNET Finance • Toys R Us and Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
• The Allstate Foundation and Fleishman-Hillard • American Express, the National Trust for Historic Preservation and LaBreche • Hyundai Motor America and Finn Partners • Monsanto Company • Timken Company
• Domtar • Osram Sylvania and Weber Shandwick
• Coca-Cola Enterprises • Consumer Electronics Association • HanesBrands and O’Malley Hansen Communications Missouri • Southwest Airlines
• Astro Malaysia Holdings Sdn Bhd • Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company • Recyclebank and The Bateman Group • SAP • Telemundo Media • TTNET • Urban Zen Foundation and Euro RSCG Worldwide PR
Social Media Campaign
• Entergy Corporation • Jimmy Dean and MWW Group • Timberland and Cone Communications • Toys R Us Inc.
• Coca-Cola Enterprises •Domtar • Silver Spring Networks, Finn Partners and Blue Practice • The Taco Bell Foundation for Teens and Burson-Marsteller • WorkSafeBC • Vodafone Turkey and Hooper Consulting International
• Allstate Insurance Company • Best Buy and Edelman • CA Technologies • Dell Inc. • FedEx Corp. and Unboundary • Heinz H J Company • SAP
• AltruHelp • Best Buy and Edelman
• Meals on Wheels Association of America and Weber Shandwick • Miami-Dade Expressway Authority and Glodow Nead Communications • Pizza Hut and Zeno Group Inc. • Sears and Euro RSCG Worldwide PR • Sensiblu Foundation and GMP PR
• Crystal Cruises • ESPN Inc. • Mars Inc. • University of Phoenix • WellPoint Inc.
• Deloitte • Hershey Company • Kraft Foods • WaterStone Bank
January 16, 2012