Pitching the Media: How to Cut Through the Clutter
View PR News' webinar, “Pitching the Media: How to Cut Through the Clutter,” and get real-world tactics and practical examples of how to connect with overburdened journalists and influencers from Beth Monaghan, principal and co-founder of agency InkHouse; Tracy Schario, communications officer for the Pew Charitable Trusts; and Jane Carpenter, head of public relations, for online home retailer Wayfair.
Getting positive coverage for your product, service or clients is job number one for many communicators, and this PR News webinar will focus on what will work in 2014—and what will not work—in getting your story told in the media. Join PR News for this webinar and learn how to break through the media clutter in 2014 and beyond.
At this webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Develop valuable long-term relationships with journalists
- Think like a journalist to understand their needs
- Anticipate what makes a journalist, TV producer or blogger instantly delete an email pitch
- Craft an email subject line that speaks to a particular journalist's needs
- Choose the best times to email a pitch
- Do the work for journalists by indicating trends and offering industry insight and expert sources in your pitches
- Make images and video part of your pitches
Principal and Co-Founder
| Tracy Schario, APR
Communications Officer and Clean Energy Lead
The Pew Charitable Trusts
Head of Public Relations
Editorial Director, Events
Questions and Fees?
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Saun Sayamongkhun at firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-354-1694.
Registration Fee: $379 per site - CDs available for purchase
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
How Does the Webinar Work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Operating system: Windows XP SP3 and above, Apple Mac OS X 10.7+ Lion, Apple iOS 5.1+, Android 4.3+,
- Processor: 1GHz1=
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 20+, Safari 5+ , Google Chrome 20+
- Hardware: AUDIO: Sound Card with speakers. VIDEO: Screen with 1024x768+ resolution support.
- Media Playback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+ , Apple iOS and Android: http streaming enabled browser
- Internet Connection: 700kbps+ connection
- Ram: 1GB
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for webinars. All sales are final.