Become the Go-To Writing Expert at Your Organization!
Join PR News for this interactive, half-day workshop!
Register now for this hands-on PR writing workshop led by Georgetown University Director of Writing Michael Long, scheduled for Feb. 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. The workshop will be held the morning of PR News’ CSR Awards Luncheon, also taking place at the National Press Club.
Bring your team to this must-attend writing workshop. You’ll leave with a template-driven guide to producing six key PR documents for print and the Internet.
Is there a shortcut to producing first-rate PR documents? Absolutely.
In this powerful (and entertaining!) half-day session, you'll learn a template-based method to create PR documents that connect with the audiences you need to reach. Using a point-by-point approach to writing, you will learn to put the fundamentals of the craft to work in a more practical way than you've seen before. You will learn how to write click-driving headlines, clear leads and paragraphs that make people want to read more—all through a template-based system that teaches you to organize before you ever put your fingers on the keyboard. And you'll come away an expert on producing six key documents:
- press release,
- fact sheet,
- talking points,
- Q&A, and
- letter to the editor.
Successful PR writers can't afford to wait around for inspiration—the communications marketplace doesn't pause for anybody, ever. Work often must be completed quickly—but it also has to be accurate, effective and pleasing to both the client and the target audience.
The session is led by Georgetown University Director of Writing Michael Long, renowned speechwriter and popular writing educator—and the author of the forthcoming textbook The Practical Guide to Public Relations Writing: A Step-by-Step Approach.
"I learned more in one day than I've learned all year!"
--Director, New Media, American Heart Association
"This was a great event. Not only were the speakers knowledgeable and engaging, but the attendees were awesome. And networking was great!"
--Communications Manager, CIGNA
- How to write a killer press-release headline just by answering a simple question
- A why-didn't-I-think-of-that? way to get more writing out of the same amount of time every day
- Who you are really writing for (and it's not the public)
- Why shorter documents are always more effective than longer ones
- How to make slogans and soundbites stick
- How to write powerful letters to the editor
- Simple-to-use techniques that raise the response rate for your press releases
PR News Writing Workshop:
PR Writing for the Super-Charged Workplace
Workshop Time: February 11, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Price: $525 Per Person | Register Now
Writing Workshop & CSR Awards Luncheon
- This was a great event. Not only were the speakers knowledgeable and engaging, but the attendees were awesome. And networking was great! --Communications Manager, CIGNA
- My favorite speakers were Eliason, McCormick, Miller, Perkett and Roth. Great content; great presenters. – Media Relations Manager, ACT
- I thought it was incredibly relevant to the audience. I walked away with several key ideas that I can’t wait to implement on my clients behalf. – Chief Public Affairs Officer, Clemson University
- Great topics. Good variety. - President, Andrea Obston Marketing Communications
- It was a fantastically event, and many of the strategies delivered today will inform our company’s social media policies moving forward. – Online News Producer, Education Week
- Very good, well organized. – Director eRecruitment & Social Media, Sun Life Financial
- Great conference, speakers and venue!! Loved the clean, candid approach of all speakers towards the challenging environment of social media. -External Relations, US Operations and Marketing North America, Procter & Gamble
- I thought it was a wonderful event and I learned a great deal. It was an incredibly valuable seminar.
-VP of Marketing, Retirement Living TV
- I was also so impressed with the overall event. The quality of the presentations was top-notch, and the ability to network with like-minded people during the breaks and at lunch was invaluable. -Director, Global Media Relations, SAP AG
- This was one of the best conferences I've ever attended. - Social Media Manager, Nautica
- I learned more in one day than I've learned all year! -Director, New Media, American Heart Association
- Fantastic keynote. The energy was perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up. Loved that PR is so well represented - rarely the case at other social media conferences. -Executive Director, PR & Communications, Jackson Spalding
- Great information and speakers. -E-Marketing Specialist, Ruud Lighting, Inc.
- Extremely helpful program and I learned a lot. -CEO, Alongi Media Solutions
- Wonderful and insightful event in which I would like to have my entire team participate, including some clients. -Account Executive, Digital Brand Architects
- Great event! I'm taking away valuable information and am excited to put the new knowledge to use! Well executed. Thanks! -Communications and Organizational Effectiveness Analyst, Hostess Brands, Inc.
- Fantastic and inspiring! -Program Marketing Manager, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Very helpful ideas that I will be able to use right away. Thanks! -Staff Services Manager, CalPERS
- Great speakers. -General Manager, KXLY Radio Group
Each registration comes with the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the PR Media Relations Conference. [Back to the Top]
- Writing Checklist
- Certificate of Attendance
- Attendee Workbook
- Attendee-Only Access to Presentations
- Community Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Crisis Management
- Digital Communications
- Media Relations
- PR Firms
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Social Media