Media Relations Webinar
How PR Pros Can Engage With Journalists on Email and Social Media
Join PR News on March 13 and learn best practices for email pitching and journalist outreach from a panel of PR pros and a working reporter. In this webinar, our experts will share tactics for growing and maintaining your list of media contacts and writing effective subject lines and email pitches, as well as the do’s and don’ts of reaching out to journalists on social media.
In an era in which we send almost 2.4 million emails a second globally, it can be difficult for PR pros to catch the attention of journalists—whether by email or through social media. To be truly successful at earning media coverage, PR pros must be as adept at targeting influential bloggers and reporters on Twitter and Facebook as they are at writing compelling subject lines and email body text that journalists won’t automatically delete.
What you'll learn
- Use email formats and write subject lines that are most likely to get noticed by journalists
- Structure email pitches so they are optimally useful for reporters
- Generate and post content and resources on social media most sought after by the press
- Conduct authentic, mutually beneficial social media outreach with journalists
- Build trust with journalists—and what to do if you inadvertently burn bridges
- Target journalists to seed stories on Twitter and Facebook
- Pitch stories to the media on an open social channel
Who Should Attend?
If you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas, you should attend this webcast:
- Public Relations
- Digital PR and Social Media
- Community Relations
- Content Creation
- Marketing Communications
- Business Development
- Public Affairs/Issues Management
- Media Relations
- Research and Analytics
Questions and Fees
Registration Fee: $399 per site - CDs available for purchase
For questions regarding this webinar, contact Jessica Placencia at email@example.com; 301-354-1641.
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 1-866-709-8255 or click here.
Each "Webinar Only" registration comes with access to the archived version of the program for one year, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar. Should you wish to retain access to the training for more than one year, the CD is also available on its own or as a package with the online access.
PURCHASE NOW "Webinar Only" registration includes access to the recorded webcast and speaker materials for one full year.