($359/location - CDs available for purchase)
Attend the PR News Webinar “Communications Essentials for the 3 Phases of a Crisis” and prepare yourself to be a source of cool leadership—a crisis management expert who knows how to lead a team in mitigating reputational and financial damage.
Join PR News for this can’t-miss Webinar that will show you the communications essentials for the three phases of a crisis: the before (managing a reputation long before a crisis starts), the during (stakeholder outreach and messaging across all platforms) and the after (reputation repair and building lessons learned into your revised crisis plan).
A reputation-searing crisis is just a tweet, customer complaint, ill-considered remark, YouTube video or natural disaster away for any organization. Our panel of crisis management experts will share with you how to put together a crisis response team; create a social media action plan; navigate the first hour of a crisis; craft messages under pressure; manage media, customer and employee feedback during a crisis; and create a crisis postmortem.
Almost every day brings fresh headlines of an organization that gets caught in the harsh glare of a crisis, as their negative social media comments multiply and negative (and often inaccurate) media coverage goes viral. This PR News Webinar will emphasize the need to understand and manage the perception and reputation of your organization now so you can manage them through a crisis.
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Understand where your reputation stands with your various publics at any given time—in advance of a crisis
- Ensure that you don’t underreact or overreact to a crisis
- Assemble a crisis team, including legal counsel
- Understand the differences between communicating with the media during a crisis and during day-to-day communications efforts
- Choose which communications channels—including social media, your Web site, call center and traditional tactics such as media statements and press releases—to use to connect with specific audiences
- Listen to not just the media but to the public during a crisis
- Engage with negative commenters on social media channels
- Monitor for and suppress flare-ups that can land you at square one
- Prepare an insight- and data-centric postmortem to benefit from lessons learned
- Set expectations for what's needed to repair and rebuild brand and personal reputations
**The Webinar includes a Q&A with the following speakers:
Chief Communications Officer
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
- For desktop users who do not have Adobe Flash Player or Windows Media Player, a touch-tone telephone will work also. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
- PC: Pentium 4 - 1.3 Ghz or equivalent or better
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3, Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Apple iOS 4.2+ for iPad / iPhone. Mac, Android 2.2+ and Linux audiences may view the presentation using a supported Web browser and Adobe Flash player.
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher. Mac OS X must be used in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player. Most versions of Linux OS will work in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player.
- Internet connection: High speed Cable / Fiber / DSL, Corporate LAN, High speed Wireless LAN / 4G.
- Display set at 1024 x 768
Mac users are encouraged to use Firefox 3.6 (or later) with and Adobe Flash Player to view the webcast. You can also test your system using the system test button in menu on the left hand side.
If using Microsoft Windows Media Player, Version 10 or later is required.
Download a supported Microsoft Windows Media Player
If using Adobe Flash Player, Version 9.0.28 or later is required.
Download a supported Adobe Flash Player
($359 per site - CDs available for purchase)
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.)
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Saun Sayamongkhun at email@example.com; 301-354-1694.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for the Webinar. All sales are final.