Crisis Management and Social Media: Do's and Don'ts
Friday, May 10, 2013, 1:30-3 p.m. ET
($379 per site - CDs available for purchase)
Join PR News for its Crisis Management and Social Media webinar, when crisis and social media experts share with you the latest do’s and don’ts for managing events that threaten organizations of all kinds. Our panel of crisis management and social media experts will draw upon recent, notable crises as well as their own experience to help you create a plan to monitor negative comments and potentially damaging news across digital channels.
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Monitor social media channels for messages that may harm your organization’s reputation
- Choose which communications channels—including social media, your Web site, call center and traditional tactics such as press releases—to use to connect with specific audiences
- Listen to the public as well as the media during a crisis
- Develop a messaging strategy in real time during a crisis
- Engage with negative commenters on social media channels
- Activate and align all digital channels during a crisis, including Twitter, Facebook and Web sites
- Prepare a crisis postmortem and share lessons learned with your internal team
These digital crisis experts will teach you how to determine the team roles to have in advance of a crisis; how quickly an organization should respond to particular kinds of crises; create a command chain to quickly develop a messaging strategy; manage social media channels; measure the effects of a crisis on brand reputation; and more.
More and more reputational crises are igniting on social media channels—and even if they begin in the “real world,” it’s on social channels where a brand’s first responders must go.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from those who’ve been there when a crisis catches fire on social channels. As the smartest crisis management pros say, with crises, it’s not a matter of if—it’s a matter of when.
Questions and Fees?
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Saun Sayamongkhun at firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-354-1694.
Registration Fee: $379 per site - CDs available for purchase
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
How Does the Webinar Work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. The Power-Point presentations are presented over the Internet and are available to print out before the program. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
What Equipment Do I Need?
For the audio connection : For the audio connection: A computer with Adobe Flash Player 9.0.28+ or Windows Media Player 10+ or an HTML 5 enabled browser (iPad / iOS / Safari browser only) installed. When you log into the webinar, your computer will be taken through a brief configuration check and will let you know if you're missing any software.
- For desktop users who do not have Adobe Flash Player or Windows Media Player, a touch-tone telephone will work also. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
- PC: Pentium 4 - 1.3 Ghz or equivalent or better
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3, Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Apple iOS 4.2+ for iPad / iPhone. Mac, Android 2.2+ and Linux audiences may view the presentation using a supported Web browser and Adobe Flash player.
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher. Mac OS X must be used in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player. Most versions of Linux OS will work in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player.
- Internet connection: High speed Cable / Fiber / DSL, Corporate LAN, High speed Wireless LAN / 4G.
- Display set at 1024 x 768
Mac users are encouraged to use Firefox 3.6 (or later) with and Adobe Flash Player to view the webcast. You can also test your system using the system test button in menu on the left hand side.
If using Microsoft Windows Media Player, Version 10 or later is required.
Download a supported Microsoft Windows Media Player
If using Adobe Flash Player, Version 9.0.28 or later is required.
Download a supported Adobe Flash Player
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for webinars. All sales are final.