Become the SEO Expert at Your Organization!
Join PR News for this interactive, pre-conference workshop!
Bring your team to this must-attend media relations workshop. You’ll leave this workshop with the skills to lift your messages to the top of search results and be the SEO expert for your organization.
The Pre-Conference Workshop on Tuesday, February 26, 2013, is from 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. with PR News' Digital PR Summit the day after on February 27, 2013. The SEO Workshop will be held at The Contemporary Jewish Museum, which is directly next to the Westin San Francisco where the Digital PR Summit will take place.
As the idea of brands publishing content gains more prominence, the need to understand how search engines rank content has become an essential PR skill. Join PR News’ workshop, led by PR and SEO expert Sally Falkow of Meritus Media, to learn the latest tactics to ensure that your content is indexed properly and ranked well. Learn how to optimize all your content—including Web sites, press releases, blogs, social media content, images and video—and develop habits that keep your messages at the top of search results.
This workshop will provide you with strategies to find and use the keywords and phrases people use to search for news and information about your brand and industry on the Web. Discover the right way to optimize your organization's Facebook page and YouTube videos for search; manage brand reputation by moving negative coverage further down search results; and how to measure the results of your efforts for senior management.
Google can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Where you show up in Google results determines how—or if—your messages are being heard. Google continues to change and update its algorithm and, with recent changes to semantic search, your website and online newsroom’s page rank and visits to your site could be affected in more ways than you realize.
"I learned more in one day than I've learned all year!"
--Director, New Media, American Heart Association
"This was a great event. Not only were the speakers knowledgeable and engaging, but the attendees were awesome. And networking was great!"
--Communications Manager, CIGNA
- Research target keywords to gain better visibility and increase brand exposure on search engines
- Understand the difference between Web search and news search
- Create shareable press release headlines and content
- Optimize PR content for the media to increase placements
- Use linking techniques to boost traffic and visibility on search engines
- Optimize all PR content, including Web site copy, newsletters, blogs, press releases, video and still images
- Increase views on your news content by adding visuals
- Apply SEO tactics to your social media content
- Drive inbound traffic to your Web site
- Optimize online pressrooms for search
- Master URL structure and place your online newsroom and other Web pages at the top of Google's searches
- Monitor online conversations to manage brand reputation and push negative search results off Google’s front page
- Track SEO's effects and measure its results to prove its value
PR News Workshop:
SEO Tactics to Increase the Visibility and Shareability of Your PR Content
Workshop Time: February 26, 2013 from 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Price: $500 Per Person | Register Now
Group = Two or more from the same company. Group price is per person.
Contemporary Jewish Museum
736 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
>>Hotel Room: The Westin San Francisco. PR News has arranged a room block at The Westin San Francisco for a rate of $319 a night. The cut-off date is February 4. Click hereto book your room.
- This was a great event. Not only were the speakers knowledgeable and engaging, but the attendees were awesome. And networking was great! --Communications Manager, CIGNA
- My favorite speakers were Eliason, McCormick, Miller, Perkett and Roth. Great content; great presenters. – Media Relations Manager, ACT
- I thought it was incredibly relevant to the audience. I walked away with several key ideas that I can’t wait to implement on my clients behalf. – Chief Public Affairs Officer, Clemson University
- Great topics. Good variety. - President, Andrea Obston Marketing Communications
- It was a fantastically event, and many of the strategies delivered today will inform our company’s social media policies moving forward. – Online News Producer, Education Week
- Very good, well organized. – Director eRecruitment & Social Media, Sun Life Financial
- Great conference, speakers and venue!! Loved the clean, candid approach of all speakers towards the challenging environment of social media. -External Relations, US Operations and Marketing North America, Procter & Gamble
- I thought it was a wonderful event and I learned a great deal. It was an incredibly valuable seminar.
-VP of Marketing, Retirement Living TV
- I was also so impressed with the overall event. The quality of the presentations was top-notch, and the ability to network with like-minded people during the breaks and at lunch was invaluable. -Director, Global Media Relations, SAP AG
- This was one of the best conferences I've ever attended. - Social Media Manager, Nautica
- I learned more in one day than I've learned all year! -Director, New Media, American Heart Association
- Fantastic keynote. The energy was perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up. Loved that PR is so well represented - rarely the case at other social media conferences. -Executive Director, PR & Communications, Jackson Spalding
- Great information and speakers. -E-Marketing Specialist, Ruud Lighting, Inc.
- Extremely helpful program and I learned a lot. -CEO, Alongi Media Solutions
- Wonderful and insightful event in which I would like to have my entire team participate, including some clients. -Account Executive, Digital Brand Architects
- Great event! I'm taking away valuable information and am excited to put the new knowledge to use! Well executed. Thanks! -Communications and Organizational Effectiveness Analyst, Hostess Brands, Inc.
- Fantastic and inspiring! -Program Marketing Manager, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Very helpful ideas that I will be able to use right away. Thanks! -Staff Services Manager, CalPERS
- Great speakers. -General Manager, KXLY Radio Group
Each registration comes with the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the PR Media Relations Conference. [Back to the Top]
- SEO Checklist
- Certificate of Attendance
- Attendee Workbook
- Attendee-Only Access to Presentations
The workshop is limited to 25 participants in order to create an interactive experience with personalized attention.
- Community Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Crisis Management
- Digital Communications
- Media Relations
- PR Firms
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Social Media