PR News Celebrates the Top Women in PR at a Luncheon Event in New York City
Communications professionals from all types of organizations gathered at the Grand Hyatt to celebrate the bold and inspiring women in PR.
Washington, D.C. January 23, 2018—On January 23, PR News put together a luncheon event to celebrate the women who are not only best-in-class communicators, but also inspiring leaders blazing a path for future women leaders to come. The winners were judged on the strength of communications campaigns they've led in the last 18 months and on the positive influence they've had on their teams and peers.
Attendees heard a keynote presentation from Melissa Bernstein, co-founder and chief creative officer of toy company Melissa & Doug, who spoke about why failure is a much more valuable teacher than success. Bernstein has created close to 10,000 items in the company's 30-year history and the actual number of failures well exceeded the number of products that made it to the shelves.
"I am only here speaking to you today because I have failed so many times I learned who I truly am and how to succeed," she said. "I implore you to find the courage to try, even if you fall flat on your face. You have the strength, trust me, to get right back up and move forward with new self-awareness and wisdom."
This Year's Top Women Include:
- Kristina Adamski, Nissan North America
- Rachael Adler, CooperKatz & Company. Inc.
- Jodi Amendola, Amendola Communications
- Angel Aristone, iHeartMedia, Inc.
- Lisa Astor, PAN Communications
- Dawn Beauparlant, WE Communications
- Amanda Berenstein, Weber Shandwick (Mexico City Office)
- Kathy Bloomgarden, Ruder Finn
- Amanda Brinkman, Deluxe Corporation
- Liza Burnett Fefferman, Viacom
- Maureen Byrne, KYNE
- Adrienne Chance, Topgolf
- Carmen Collins, Cisco
- Amy Colton, Current Marketing
- Jennifer Connelly, JConnelly
- Rita Cooper Lee, WGN America and Tribune Studios
- Keyana Corliss, Tableau
- Bobby D’Arcy, Teradata Corporation
- Jennifer "JJ" Davis, Dell, Inc.
- Lauren Day, Prudential
- Lauren de la Fuente , Boingo Wireless
- Carrie DeVries, DEVENEY Communication
- Yvonne Diaz, EY
- Christine DiBartolo, FTI Consulting
- Ashley Dos Santos, Ticketmaster
- Kimberly Eberl, Motion PR
- Monica Echeverria, World Wildlife Fund
- Thekla Eftychiadou, Burson-Marsteller
- Michele Ehrhart, FedEx Freight
- Sarah Evans, J Public Relations
- Julie Freeman, NJF, an MMGY Global Company
- Johanna Fuentes, Showtime Networks Inc.
- Tiffany Guarnaccia, Kite Hill PR
- Allison Haley, CLS Strategies
- Lisa Hannum, Beehive Strategic Communication
- Laura Heisman, Citrix Systems, Inc.
- Kathleen Henson, Henson Consulting
- Catherine Hernandez-Blades,AFLAC
- Reina Herschdorfer,Caesars Entertainment
- Jolie Hunt, Hunt & Gather
- Samantha Jacobs, Hemsworth Communications
- Stacey Jones, Accenture
- Janice Kapner, T-Mobile
- Heather Kelly, SSPR
- Susan Kenney, KPMG LLP
- Anita Liskey, CME Group Inc.
- Susan Lomax, Source Cincinnati
- Janice Maiman, AICPA
- Lauren Mauro, Dell Inc.
- Rosemary Mercedes, Univision
- Barbara Moreno, San Diego Convention Center Corporation
- Nisha Morris, Providence St. Joseph Health
- Laura Neal, PGA TOUR
- Patricia (Trish) Niemann, Cable ONE
- Jill Notini, Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM)
- Molly O'Neill, Hill+Knowlton Strategies
- Amy Palcic, Houston Texans
- Christine Park, Edelman Korea
- Christina Pearson ,Microsoft
- Jolene Peixoto, JDA Software
- Suzanne Perez-Bernal, ANDER & Co
- Annie Perkins, SHIFT Communications
- Julia Phelps, Viacom
- Connie Piloto,Oncor Electric Delivery
- Maria PisDudot, Newlink
- Maria Poveromo, Adobe Systems
- Amanda Proscia, Lightspeed PR
- Jennifer Risi, Ogilvy
- Anne Roberts, GM Communications
- Beth Roden, Bayer, Crop Science Division
- Lori Scholz, Hyundai Motor America
- Kate Shields, Vault Communications
- Mary Simms, The Mary Simms Public Relations Agency
- Kelly Sinatra, Benjamin Moore
- Lori Steele, Louisiana Organ Procurement Agency
- Susan Stipa, McDAY
- Carly Tatum, Dell Inc.
- Kris Tremaine, ICF
- Gloria Vanderham, Novartis
- Megan Vega, KPMG LLP
- Cindy Villafranca, Southwest Airlines
- Dini von Mueffling, Dini von Mueffling Communications (DVMC)
- Hally Wax, MIX Public Relations
- Krista Webster, Veritas Communications
- Sarah Wills, GE Healthcare
- Ashley Wimberly, Samsung Electronics America
- Vanessa Yanez, HP Inc.
- Jennifer Zaldivar-Clark, TV Land/Viacom
- Robin Zvonek, Paragraphs LLC
- Kelly Williamson, APCO Worldwide
Read about each Top Woman online at: www.prnewsonline.com/go/pr-news-top-women-in-pr-luncheon-2018/
Top Women in PR mementos are available for sale including rights to the awards logo, customized Top Women posters and extra awards.
For questions regarding the event and the awards call for entries, contact Jessica Placencia at firstname.lastname@example.org. For awards luncheon sponsorship inquiries, contact Katie Sullivan at email@example.com.
The PR News Group is a go-to source that serves the communications and marketing community at corporations, agencies and nonprofits. The PR News Group focuses on honing and growing PR and marketing professionals’ skills in social media, crisis management, digital PR, measurement, employee relations, media training, CSR and writing through its flagship newsletter, webinars, conferences, awards programs, workshops and guidebooks. With the launch of its weekly newsletter over 70 years ago, PR News has remained dedicated to supporting the growth of communicators and marketers all while keeping them abreast of the latest news affecting their industries. For more information, visit www.prnewsonline.com.