Any crisis management expert will tell you that it’s not a question of if your brand will face a crisis, it’s a question of when. Years of hard work in building and shaping your brand’s reputation can be undone in a matter of hours, even moments, by a variety of causes: a lapse in judgment on social media, embittered employees, catastrophic product failures, lawsuits, natural disasters, criminal investigations, boycotts and more.
Join PR News on March 12 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC for this intensive half-day workshop in which our crisis management experts will share their experiences and insights in how to develop and execute a strategy that will help your organization or clients weather inevitable crises.
In a series of in-depth sessions, you will learn the essential building blocks of developing a crisis management plan that fits your business, how to use social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter as your first lines of communication and how to assess and repair the damage when the smoke clears.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn the skills you need to guide your organization’s communications strategy through its next emergency. Also, be sure to join PR News for the CSR and Nonprofit PR Awards Luncheon, taking place later in the day at the National Press Club.
- Assemble and deploy an effective crisis management team
- Conduct a vulnerability audit to assess potential crisis scenarios
- Craft a core message that can be communicated across all social media channels
- Properly monitor your social media channels for potential problems
- Ensure that internal and external communications are consistent
- Identify and use specific criteria to determine the severity of the crisis
- Coach your spokesperson on the tough questions they may face from the media
- Engage the media and address misinformation and negative commentary
- Track your crisis management efforts across different platforms
- Execute a post-crisis analysis to address the sources of the issue
- Develop a communications strategy to rebuild your reputation and regain public trust
PR News Crisis Management Workshop:
Workshop Date/Time: March 12, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Price: $575 Per Person | Register Now
|Per Person Rate||Regular Rate:|
|Workshop & CSR & Nonprofit PR Awards Luncheon||
|Workshop & CSR & Nonprofit PR Awards Luncheon (Group)||
The National Press Club
529 14th Street
NW, Washington, D.C. 20045
Each registration comes with a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Leadership for Communicators Workshop.
- I thought it was incredibly relevant to the audience. I walked away with several key ideas that I can't wait to implement on my clients behalf. – Chief Public Affairs Officer, Clemson University
- This was a great event. Not only were the speakers knowledgeable and engaging, but the attendees were awesome. And networking was great! – Communications Manager, CIGNA
- Great topics. Good variety. – President, Andrea Obston Marketing Communications
- It was a fantastic event, and many of the strategies delivered today will inform our company's social media policies moving forward. – Online News Producer, Education Week
- Great conference, speakers and venue! Loved the clean, candid approach of all speakers towards the challenging environment of social media. – External Relations, US Operations and Marketing North America, Procter & Gamble
- I thought it was a wonderful event and I learned a great deal. It was an incredibly valuable seminar. – VP of Marketing, Retirement Living TV
- I was also so impressed with the overall event. The quality of the presentations was top-notch, and the ability to network with like-minded people during the breaks and at lunch was invaluable. – Director, Global Media Relations, SAP AG
- This was one of the best conferences I've ever attended. – Social Media Manager, Nautica
- I learned more in one day than I've learned all year! – Director, New Media, American Heart Association
- Fantastic keynote. The energy was perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up. Loved that PR is so well represented – rarely the case at other social media conferences. – Executive Director, PR & Communications, Jackson Spalding
- My favorite speakers were Eliason, McCormick, Miller, Perkett and Roth. Great content; great presenters. – Media Relations Manager, ACT
Each registration comes with the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the PR News Crisis Management Workshop.
- What we'll cover
- About the trainers
- Who is this course for?
- Certificate of attendance
- About PR News
Contact Senior Vice President & Group Publisher, Diane Schwartz at email@example.com.
- Crisis Checklist
- Certificate of Attendance
- Attendee-Only Access to Presentations
The workshop is limited to 25 participants in order to create an interactive experience with personalized attention.
- Community Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Crisis Management
- Digital Communications
- Media Relations
- PR Firms
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Social Media