Make 2015 your year to shine on a public platform by attending PR News’ Feb. 24 webinar, "How to Conquer Your Public Speaking Anxiety." Our team of public speaking experts will share with you practical tips and exercises to help you manage your fear of appearing nervous while speaking before an audience, calm yourself in the moment when you’re delivering a speech or presentation, recognize when you’re unprepared in advance of a planned speech or public talk and—most important—learn from your mistakes.
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Ask an event or meeting organizer the right questions before speaking in public
- Know when you’ve prepared enough in advance of a scheduled talk
- Determine what your audience already knows, before you speak
- Rely on simple breathing exercises during jittery moments
- Quickly recover when you’ve lost focus during a live speech or presentation
- Use personal storytelling to build rapport—without getting too personal
- Manage and respect time constraints
- Prepare for the unknown, including difficult questions
- Succeed as a public speaker despite inherent nervousness
- Make positive use of positive and negative feedback
Excelling as a public speaker separates the superstars from the stars in the workplace. Captivating listeners at conferences, client meetings and internal meetings is a skill that can be taught, but unfortunately many people are so gripped by anxiety about public speaking that they are hesitant to learn how to do it right. In particular, professional communicators who seek to enhance their personal brand must compete against peers who perennially get invited to speak at conferences, lead client pitches, get interviewed on news programs and capture the ear of the CEO.
Chief Communications Officer
Director, Public Relations
Goodwill Industries International
Editorial Director, Events
Questions and Fees?
Registration Fee: $375 per site - CDs available for purchase
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Rachel Scharmann at firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-354-1713.
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
Who Should Attend?
If you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas, you should attend this webcast:
- Community Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Crisis Management
- Digital Communications
- Media Relations
- PR Firms
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Social Media
How Does the Webinar Work?
View the list of complete requirements and instructions for how to access the webinar here.
PURCHASE NOW "Webinar Only" registration includes access to the recorded webcast and speaker materials for one full year.