Join PR News for its webinar on Thursday, June 23, 2016, and learn how to improve your public speaking skills and enhance your personal profile in your industry. You’ll also learn how to coach your senior leaders into improving their own game in front of live—and virtually live—audiences, as well as deliver killer slide-based presentations.
Our public speaking experts will share with you practical tips and exercises to help you manage your fear of appearing nervous while speaking before an audience, calm yourself in the moment when you’re delivering a speech or presentation, recognize when you’re unprepared in advance of a planned speech or public talk and—most important—learn from your mistakes.
What you'll learn
- Ask an event or meeting organizer the right questions before speaking in public
- Know when you’ve prepared enough in advance of a scheduled talk
- Determine what your audience already knows, before you speak
- Confine your speech or presentation to what you want your audience to learn
- Use numbers to organize your key messages
- Rely on simple breathing exercises during jittery moments
- Quickly recover when you’ve lost focus during a live speech or presentation
- Use personal storytelling to build rapport—without getting too personal
- Manage and respect time constraints
- Prepare for the unknown, including difficult questions
- Succeed as a public speaker despite inherent nervousness
- Make positive use of negative feedback
- Prep senior leadership for speaking engagements
Who Should Attend?
If you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas, you should attend this webcast:
- Public Relations
- Digital PR and Social Media
- Community Relations
- Content Creation
- Marketing Communications
- Business Development
- Public Affairs/Issues Management
- Media Relations
- Research and Analytics
Questions and Fees
Registration Fee: $399 per site - CDs available for purchase
For questions regarding this webinar, contact Rachel Scharmann at email@example.com; 301-354-1713.
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 1-866-709-8255 or click here.
Each "Webinar Only" registration comes with access to the archived version of the program for one year, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar. Should you wish to retain access to the training for more than one year, the CD is also available on its own or as a package with the online access.
PURCHASE NOW "Webinar Only" registration includes access to the recorded webcast and speaker materials for one full year.