Wednesday, January 16, 2013
1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m. ET
($379 per site - CDs available for purchase)
Join PR News and its panel of PR writing experts at its webinar on Wednesday, January 16, 2013, and learn how to craft press releases that meet the needs of the media and your brand—and that rise above your competitors in search results.
The PR writing experts at the January 16 webinar will show you how to avoid common mistakes that cause your press releases to get nuked before they get opened in e-mail inboxes and how to apply SEO tactics to help your content get found in Google searches.
Press releases are far from extinct or irrelevant. In the age of content marketing, when brands are depended upon and expected to provide useful content, press releases have reasserted themselves as efficient and concise vehicles for brand messages and news. Journalists must also now do much more with less, and your well-crafted, searchable press releases can ease their burden and advance your brand’s business interests.
But journalists are notorious for having little to no patience for poorly written or misleading press releases. It’s a solid bet that most reporters and editors won’t even bother to open an e-mail if they sense it’s the slightest bit marginal to their beat.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
- For desktop users who do not have Adobe Flash Player or Windows Media Player, a touch-tone telephone will work also. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
- PC: Pentium 4 - 1.3 Ghz or equivalent or better
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3, Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Apple iOS 4.2+ for iPad / iPhone. Mac, Android 2.2+ and Linux audiences may view the presentation using a supported Web browser and Adobe Flash player.
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher. Mac OS X must be used in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player. Most versions of Linux OS will work in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player.
- Internet connection: High speed Cable / Fiber / DSL, Corporate LAN, High speed Wireless LAN / 4G.
- Display set at 1024 x 768
Mac users are encouraged to use Firefox 3.6 (or later) with and Adobe Flash Player to view the webcast. You can also test your system using the system test button in menu on the left hand side.
If using Microsoft Windows Media Player, Version 10 or later is required.
Download a supported Microsoft Windows Media Player
If using Adobe Flash Player, Version 9.0.28 or later is required.
Download a supported Adobe Flash Player
About the Webinar
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Write concisely and avoid salesy, flowery tones that turn off reporters
- Use terms that inform and engage instead of industry jargon, clichés and superlatives
- Write strong headlines, e-mail subject lines and lead paragraphs
- Use worthwhile, meaningful quotations
- Include all of your contact information (including social feeds) in a prominent locations in e-mails and press releases
- Avoid words that send your press releases to spam filters
- Highlight the benefits of your product or service early in a press release
- Make sure the tone of your subject line and headline matches the content of your press release
- Use SEO tactics to increase the searchability of your press release
- Target and tailor your press releases for the right outlets
- Determine the role of the press release in the digital age
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers, a personalized certificate of completion and a FREE copy of PR News' Special SEO Report for attending this webinar.
- All webinar attendees will receive:
- A list of AP Stylebook priorities
- A list of 100 Troublesome Adjectives
- News Release Guidelines
- Notes on Ledes (a.k.a. Leads)
- A list of Verbs to Replace Sacrosanct “Said”
- Best Practices for Writing Success on the Job
- Guidelines for Writing Publishable Quotes
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
($379 per site - CDs available for purchase)
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Saun Sayamongkhun at firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-354-1694.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for the Webinar. All sales are final.