Media Pitching in the Era of the Shrinking (and Vanishing) Newsroom
Monday, September 29, 2014, 1:30-3 p.m. ET
Learn which media pitching tactics are working now at PR News’ Sept. 29 webinar, “Media Pitching in the Era of the Shrinking (and Vanishing) Newsroom.” Our media relations experts will share their own case study examples of how they have cut through the clutter with traditional news releases, email pitches, social media outreach and visual content and achieved positive media coverage for their brands.
Brands may be considered “publishers” now by consultants and pundits, but if you are a PR practitioner the pressure to get positive media coverage for your brand or for your clients remains as intense as ever. The increasing competition for attention from a shrinking pool of journalists covering your industry has only made your job tougher.
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Use data to validate the POV and usefulness of your story idea for the media
- Think beyond text in your media pitches and incorporate images, charts, infographics and video
- Tie your pitch into breaking news without straining credibility—but with sensitivity to negative blowback
- Position senior leaders as subject matter experts
- Write email subject lines and lede paragraphs that showcase news journalists can use instead of marketing copy
- Craft newsy tweets that attract the attention of journalists in your industry
- Be a resource for media and make strong connections with reporters
Questions and Fees?
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Rachel Scharmann at firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-354-1713.
Registration Fee: $379 per site - CDs available for purchase
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
How Does the Webinar Work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Operating system: Windows XP SP3 and above, Apple Mac OS X 10.7+ Lion, Apple iOS 5.1+, Android 4.3+,
- Processor: 1GHz1=
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 20+, Safari 5+ , Google Chrome 20+
- Hardware: AUDIO: Sound Card with speakers. VIDEO: Screen with 1024x768+ resolution support.
- Media Playback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+ , Apple iOS and Android: http streaming enabled browser
- Internet Connection: 700kbps+ connection
- Ram: 1GB
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for webinars. All sales are final.