Media Relations Survival Tactics During a Crisis
Join PR News as we look at some of the most recent high-profile crises and analyze what worked, what didn’t work and offer practical takeaways on how to implement media relations tactics during a crisis that result in positive and fair coverage.
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Make transparency and credibility the drivers of your media relations efforts during a crisis
- Insure that all spokespeople and employees are continually briefed with updates about the crisis
- Build in time to coach spokespeople on difficult questions from the media
- Manage your Twitter and Facebook accounts as if they were the primary sources of information and news about a crisis
- Work with legal counsel to make your organization as responsive to the media as possible during a crisis while minimizing liability
- Communicate key messages that instill trust, and ultimately counteract negative messages
- Keep your stakeholders at the top of your priority list, and tell the media that you are valuing stakeholders above all else
- Develop a single, clear message that is communicated by multiple spokespeople to multiple channels
The first place the media will go for information during a crisis will be your Twitter and Facebook accounts, and our crisis management experts will share the best ways to use your social media channels as your first line of communications; craft a single core message that is communicated by all spokespeople; and put your stakeholders first in all communications with the media. Don’t miss this opportunity to equip yourself with the skills you’ll need to lead your organization through a crisis.
Your organization is under constant threat of being plunged into a crisis that can threaten its profitability, credibility and even its very existence. A product defect, a financial scandal, an angry employee or customer, an offensive comment from a highly visible spokesperson or senior leader, a natural disaster—these and more can touch off a crisis that puts your organization at the center of a 24/7 firestorm, and you will need to have a media relations strategy in place to survive the storm. Positive media coverage can not only help your organization survive a crisis—it can point the way toward a new era of trust with your stakeholders.
Questions and Fees?
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Saun Sayamongkhun at email@example.com; 301-354-1694.
Registration Fee: $379 per site - CDs available for purchase
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
How Does the Webinar Work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. The Power-Point presentations are presented over the Internet and are available to print out before the program. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Operating system: Windows XP SP3 and above, Apple Mac OS X 10.7+ Lion, Apple iOS 5.1+, Android 4.3+,
- Processor: 1GHz1=
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 20+, Safari 5+ , Google Chrome 20+
- Hardware: AUDIO: Sound Card with speakers. VIDEO: Screen with 1024x768+ resolution support.
- Media Playback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+ , Apple iOS and Android: http streaming enabled browser
- Internet Connection: 700kbps+ connection
- Ram: 1GB
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for webinars. All sales are final.