Social Media Do's & Don'ts for Regulated Industries
Don't miss this important PR News webinar that will show you the social media do's and don'ts for regulated industries. Timothy Kane, executive vice president of digital branding for Makovsky Integrated Communications, Allison Fitzpatrick, partner at Davis & Gilbert LLP, and Jonathan Blank, manager of social media at WellPoint, will share social media best practices for organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical and government fields—organizations that now need to participate in two-way dialogues with their audiences on social channels.
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Convince your senior leaders of the necessity and advantages of communicating with audiences on social networks
- Insure compliance with the laws governing your industry when using Twitter, Facebook and other social networks on behalf of your organization
- Balance the need to minimize liability against the opportunity to build new audiences
- Establish and communicate social media policies
- Archive social media activity when necessary to report compliance
- Develop a rapid in-house approval process for social media posts, particularly for times of crisis
- Work internally with your legal and compliance teams
- Connect your social media activity with the goals of your organization
You'll learn about the dangers of sharing competitive, confidential and financial information on social networks; when you should consult with legal counsel; how to adhere to the rules of regulatory bodies while communicating in real time on Twitter; how to start and conversations around unregulated topics; and, most important, how to capitalize on the brand-building opportunities inherent in social media.
Editorial Director, Events
Davis & Gilbert LLP
Communicators at organizations in highly regulated industries are at a crossroads—restrictions on what they can or can't do on social networks put their organizations at risk, yet to be silent on these networks presents risks of their own. Don't miss this webinar that will give you the strategies and how-to's to improve your social media strategy.
Questions and Fees?
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Saun Sayamongkhun at email@example.com; 301-354-1694.
Registration Fee: $379 per site - CDs available for purchase
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
How Does the Webinar Work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. The Power-Point presentations are presented over the Internet and are available to print out before the program. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
What Equipment Do I Need?
For the audio connection : For the audio connection: A computer with Adobe Flash Player 9.0.28+ or Windows Media Player 10+ or an HTML 5 enabled browser (iPad / iOS / Safari browser only) installed. When you log into the webinar, your computer will be taken through a brief configuration check and will let you know if you're missing any software.
- For desktop users who do not have Adobe Flash Player or Windows Media Player, a touch-tone telephone will work also. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
- PC: Pentium 4 - 1.3 Ghz or equivalent or better
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3, Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Apple iOS 4.2+ for iPad / iPhone. Mac, Android 2.2+ and Linux audiences may view the presentation using a supported Web browser and Adobe Flash player.
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher. Mac OS X must be used in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player. Most versions of Linux OS will work in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player.
- Internet connection: High speed Cable / Fiber / DSL, Corporate LAN, High speed Wireless LAN / 4G.
- Display set at 1024 x 768
Mac users are encouraged to use Firefox 3.6 (or later) with and Adobe Flash Player to view the webcast. You can also test your system using the system test button in menu on the left hand side.
If using Microsoft Windows Media Player, Version 10 or later is required.
Download a supported Microsoft Windows Media Player
If using Adobe Flash Player, Version 9.0.28 or later is required.
Download a supported Adobe Flash Player
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for webinars. All sales are final.