Essential Skills of Effective PR Writing
Join PR News for this can’t-miss webinar that will cover the skills you need to be a good PR writer and create appealing content for a variety of channels. You’ll also learn how to avoid bad writing habits and using clichéd language that can dull the impact of your content.
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Develop content that communicates your brand message without reading like a sales pitch
- Apply the fundamentals of storytelling to your writing
- Define and identify your audience and communicate directly to them
- Optimize your writing for SEO while making it readable
- Write headlines that grab a reader’s attention and speak directly to your content
- Write content that highlights the most important parts of your message
- Understand and apply writing styles to specific social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more
- Create content for social media that speaks to specific demographics
- Avoid complex language and concepts that can alienate readers
- Manage edits from clients and colleagues that can potentially reduce the power of your writing
- Avoid common mistakes in spelling, punctuation and grammar that can turn off your audience
- Make all of your writing clear, concise and compelling
Effective PR writing is the foundation of successful messaging. Carefully crafted writing can communicate the strengths of a brand or an idea to virtually any targeted audience. It can convert skeptics into evangelists, and make any blog post, social media campaign, press release, email or story pitch resonate with even the harshest of critics.
Director, Media Entrepreneurship & Interactive Journalism
School of Communication
Questions and Fees?
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Jessica Placencia at Jessica@accessintel.com; 301-354-1641.
Registration Fee: $379 per site - CDs available for purchase
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
How Does the Webinar Work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Operating system: Windows XP SP3 and above, Apple Mac OS X 10.7+ Lion, Apple iOS 5.1+, Android 4.3+,
- Processor: 1GHz1=
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 20+, Safari 5+ , Google Chrome 20+
- Hardware: AUDIO: Sound Card with speakers. VIDEO: Screen with 1024x768+ resolution support.
- Media Playback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+ , Apple iOS and Android: http streaming enabled browser
- Internet Connection: 700kbps+ connection
- Ram: 1GB
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for webinars. All sales are final.