Making Friends in Media: Developing and Maintaining Relationships with Journalists and Editors
Monday May 12, 2014, 1:30-3 p.m. ET
($379 per site - CDs available for purchase)
Join PR News for an in-depth discussion on developing relationships with journalists and editors, and the best way to keep those channels of communications open. Our panel will talk about what it means to think like a journalist, how to anticipate their needs, how to make them feel invested in your story and much more.
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Determine the optimal time to deliver news releases to journalists
- Craft a story pitch that grabs a journalist's attention
- Separate real news from promotional content
- Determine and adhere to reporter deadlines
- Understand and deliver to journalists the information they need to tell your story
- Engage journalists regularly and effectively on social media
- Work with bloggers to tailor your content to their needs
- Create and use target media lists of relevant journalist and blogger contacts
- Establish touch points to personalize relationships with journalists
- Broaden your contacts to other people in the newsroom
As a communicator, you frequently look to journalists to help you get your message to the public. A well-placed news item can provide positive exposure for your brand that advertising can’t buy. And when timing counts in a rapidly developing story or crisis, it’s much better to have a known contact in the newsroom than to have to search for a reporter to cover your side of the story.
|Kenneth B. Ross
Director, Communications & Public Affairs
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
Founder and President
Questions and Fees?
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Jessica Placencia at Jessica@accessintel.com; 301-354-1641.
Registration Fee: $379 per site - CDs available for purchase
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
How Does the Webinar Work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Operating system: Windows XP SP3 and above, Apple Mac OS X 10.7+ Lion, Apple iOS 5.1+, Android 4.3+,
- Processor: 1GHz1=
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 20+, Safari 5+ , Google Chrome 20+
- Hardware: AUDIO: Sound Card with speakers. VIDEO: Screen with 1024x768+ resolution support.
- Media Playback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+ , Apple iOS and Android: http streaming enabled browser
- Internet Connection: 700kbps+ connection
- Ram: 1GB
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for webinars. All sales are final.