How to Write Press Releases That Journalists Find in Searches and Open in Inboxes
Join PR News and its panel of PR writing experts at its webinar and learn how to craft press releases that are optimized for Google searches and meet the needs of the journalists and influencers who matter most in your market.
The PR writing experts at the webinar will show you how to avoid common mistakes that cause your press releases to get nuked before they get opened in e-mail inboxes and how to apply SEO tactics to help your content get found in Google searches.
At this Webinar, you'll learn how to:
- Use terms that inform and engage instead of industry jargon, clichés and superlatives
- Write strong headlines, e-mail subject lines and lead paragraphs
- Highlight the benefits of your product or service early in a press release
- Make sure the tone of your email subject line and headline matches the content of your press release
- Use SEO tactics to increase the searchability of your press release
- Begin all documents with the most important and newsiest information
- Determine prime times for sending email pitches
- Target and tailor your press releases for the right outlets
- Make independent pieces of your press releases shareable on social channels
Vice President of Corporate
Citizenship & Communications
Press releases have reasserted themselves as efficient and concise vehicles for brand messages and news. Journalists must also now do much more with less, and your well-crafted, searchable press releases can ease their burden and advance your brand’s business interests.
Our trainers will show you how to craft releases for the age of SEO, social media and downsized or nonexistent newsrooms.
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
How Does the Webinar Work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. The Power-Point presentations are presented over the Internet and are available to print out before the program. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
What Equipment Do I Need?
For the audio connection : For the audio connection: A computer with Adobe Flash Player 9.0.28+ or Windows Media Player 10+ or an HTML 5 enabled browser (iPad / iOS / Safari browser only) installed. When you log into the webinar, your computer will be taken through a brief configuration check and will let you know if you're missing any software.
- For desktop users who do not have Adobe Flash Player or Windows Media Player, a touch-tone telephone will work also. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
- PC: Pentium 4 - 1.3 Ghz or equivalent or better
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3, Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Apple iOS 4.2+ for iPad / iPhone. Mac, Android 2.2+ and Linux audiences may view the presentation using a supported Web browser and Adobe Flash player.
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher. Mac OS X must be used in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player. Most versions of Linux OS will work in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player.
- Internet connection: High speed Cable / Fiber / DSL, Corporate LAN, High speed Wireless LAN / 4G.
- Display set at 1024 x 768
Mac users are encouraged to use Firefox 3.6 (or later) with and Adobe Flash Player to view the webcast. You can also test your system using the system test button in menu on the left hand side.
If using Microsoft Windows Media Player, Version 10 or later is required.
Download a supported Microsoft Windows Media Player
If using Adobe Flash Player, Version 9.0.28 or later is required.
Download a supported Adobe Flash Player
($379 per site - CDs available for purchase)
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Saun Sayamongkhun at firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-354-1694.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for webinars. All sales are final.