Social Media Hot Shots: Leveraging Snapchat, Instagram Direct & More
($379 per site - CDs available for purchase)
Webinar presenters Dana Wasilewski, strategic platform planner for Edelman Digital, Whitney Kelly, manager, social media content strategy for Hyatt, Jeff Petriello, producer/creative for Mashable and KC Geen, social media manager for GrubHub Seamless, will look at the trend toward private sharing of visual content and the ephemeral nature of Snapchat content, and the opportunities these platforms hold for brands and professional communicators.
At this Webinar, you'll learn:
- How to determine if Snapchat, Instagram Direct and other “private” image-sharing platforms are right for your brand
- How to get started on Snapchat and Instagram Direct
- What opportunities "ephemeral" messaging platforms like Snapchat hold for brands
- Which brands are successfully using Snapchat and Instagram Direct
- How to use these platforms for brand-building contests
- How to humanize your brand's social communications with direct messaging apps
The social web keeps changing, and your digital communications strategy needs to keep changing as well. You'll hear tips on how to get started on Snapchat and Instagram Direct, do’s and don’ts and real-world case studies of brands that are already adapting to trends in visual content sharing. Get the inside scoop on how online audiences are increasingly preferring to share and receive visual content with controlled lists of followers.
Strategic Platform Planner
Manager, Social Strategy and Activation, Hyatt
Editorial Director, Events
The hot social app Snapchat has captured the passion of younger demographics, which are drawn to the ability to send “snaps” to a controlled list of recipients and to set a time limit on how long recipients can access the snaps; according to CNET, Snapchat users upload 400 million photo and video messages per day. Rebuffed in his offer to buy Snapchat, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg launched Instagram Direct, Facebook’s own direct image messaging platform. And this is just the beginning of a new age in directed social messaging.
Questions and Fees?
For questions regarding this Webinar, contact Saun Sayamongkhun at firstname.lastname@example.org; 301-354-1694.
Registration Fee: $379 per site - CDs available for purchase
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar.
How Does the Webinar Work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection.), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
*You can now view this Webinar on your iPad, iPhone or Droid!
What Equipment Do I Need?
For the audio connection: For the audio connection: A computer with Adobe Flash Player 9.0.28+ or Windows Media Player 10+ or an HTML 5 enabled browser (iPad / iOS / Safari browser only) installed. When you log into the webinar, your computer will be taken through a brief configuration check and will let you know if you're missing any software.
- For desktop users who do not have Adobe Flash Player or Windows Media Player, a touch-tone telephone will work also. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
- PC: Pentium 4 - 1.3 Ghz or equivalent or better
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3, Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Apple iOS 4.2+ for iPad / iPhone. Mac, Android 2.2+ and Linux audiences may view the presentation using a supported Web browser and Adobe Flash player.
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher. Mac OS X must be used in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player. Most versions of Linux OS will work in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player.
- Internet connection: High speed Cable / Fiber / DSL, Corporate LAN, High speed Wireless LAN / 4G.
- Display set at 1024 x 768
Mac users are encouraged to use Firefox 3.6 (or later) with and Adobe Flash Player to view the webcast. You can also test your system using the system test button in menu on the left hand side.
If using Microsoft Windows Media Player, Version 10 or later is required.
Download a supported Microsoft Windows Media Player
If using Adobe Flash Player, Version 9.0.28 or later is required.
Download a supported Adobe Flash Player
PRSA APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Registrants that are Accredited by PRSA need to keep track of their points and submit their activities every three years. Please keep a copy of the event description with the date/time listed and submit when you are required to.
*PR News does not offer any refunds for webinars. All sales are final.