Or do they?
Of course they don't. We're all aware that this false sense of an endless summer only serves to underline the anxiety and stress inherent in any workplace that is not the Argosy Bookshop in Manhattan. That stress can actually be magnified by the thinning out of your company's workforce in the summer.
To help you through the lonely days of anxiety in the office while your co-workers frolic in snorkel gear, we asked the PR News community to share their tips on how to manage on-the-job stress. Take a deep breath, exhale and read on.
- Prioritize your to-do list and then take a walk and come back focused on priority 1—and only priority 1.
- Have and keep a full life outside of work. This gives you something else to focus on and be grateful for at the end of the day.
- Think solution, not problem.
- Chocolate and headphones.
- Coffee and music. And more coffee.
- Use your lunch time to do something invigorating, like going to the gym or taking a brisk walk.
- Remember...how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
- Watch Grover in "Smell Like a Monster" and smile.
- Exercise, eat healthy food, get enough sleep, get support, don't over-commit, plan regular breaks, prioritize tasks, delegate.
- After work, take SoulCycle classes and indulge in bubble baths.
- Leave your desk, take a deep breath, get fresh air and smile big for a #PR #selfie and post.
- Stress?? What stress? It's #PR. Believe in yourself, and know that in the end you're going to feel so elated after pushing through it.
- Make a list of everything you need to do, including time to read @PRNews, coffee and GO!
How are you managing your on-the-job stress?
Follow Steve Goldstein: @SGoldsteinAI