It's been a long, stubborn winter. In many parts of the United States, the phrase "Polar Vortex" is one we will be happy to soon forget. As the days have slowly gotten longer and (a bit) warmer, yesterday's spring equinox was a welcome landmark.
Spring is the season of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal and regrowth. It means that the natural world is coming back to life and that being outdoors won't require multiple layers and bulky winter accessories. For communications professionals, the start of the season means it's time to start shedding the vestiges of winter, clean house, recharge and refocus for the upcoming warmer months.
To help along the way, here are some inspiring quotes about the upcoming season:
- "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
- "Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come." - Robert H. Schuller
- “It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want—oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!” - Mark Twain
- "Begin today. Declare out loud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy." - Sarah Ban Breathnach
- "You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming." - Pablo Neruda
- "For every person who has ever lived there has come, at last, a spring he will never see. Glory then in the springs that are yours." - Pam Brown
- "Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'" - Robin Williams
- "The earth laughs in flowers." — e.e. cummings
Follow Brian Greene: @bwilliamgreene