Being able to engage your audience on Twitter is a must-have skill for any communicator. Here are some insights into getting your message out there and raising brand awareness.
- Share your brand-related and produced content.
- Tweet regularly. Four to seven times per day is a good average.
- Check your tweet after posting to ensure there are no typos.
- Include a call to action. Followers want to be engaged, but you have to provide them with the means to do so. Give them an opportunity to be part of the conversation.
- Hashtags are an effective tool for pushing your content. Pick a word in your Twitter messaging that can be used as a relevant search term and hashtag it. This will allow your Twitter feed to be targeted in searches.
- Share quotes and photos that are relevant to your audience.
- Create Twitter lists of industry experts and follow them.
- Follow relevant associations and industry competitors, especially influencers.
- Retweet the best content from those associations and competitors.
- Monitor your Twitter account all day, responding when necessary.
To learn more about using Twitter to engage your followers, join us for the PR News webinar How to Make Your Twitter Feed Sticky with Visuals and Vine on Friday, March 14 at 1:30pm ET.
Follow Richard Brownell: @RickBrownell