New York: Although there is a perception that Facebook is already old hat, the platform still holds undeniable clout across social channels, particularly for 15 year-old- to 25-year-old demo. Plus, the platform's 1.15 million active monthly users should not be ignored.
With 229,029 followers on Twitter and more than 9.2 million "likes" on Facebook, American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) knows a thing or two about social media. AEO's VP of communications, Iris Yen, provided attendees of PR News' Digital PR Summit with five characteristics the company found inherent to engaging content.
1. Ask for participation. Embrace co-creation culture.
2. Showcase behind the scenes content. It makes your audience feel like it’s in on the action.
3. Real people over celebrities. There's something to be said for making content relatable.
4. Contests and sweepstakes. There is nothing wrong with incentive-based engagement.
5. Video and photos. Posting videos should be de rigueur on social channels; people love video and respond well to visual content.
Follow Lucia Davis:@LKCDavis.