How to measure the best metrics for a PR campaign is one of the most difficult challenges facing communicators.
Marianne Eisenmann, the head of Determinus, the research division of the Chandler Chicco Companies, developed the following six-point checklist for PR measurement. You're welcome.
1. Translate business goals into measurable PR program objectives.
2. Design metrics to measure those objectives, and track them over time to show progress.
3. Consider what you can measure beyond impressions and clip count; things like quality of coverage, tone, pick-up in agenda-setting media, and so on.
4. Build a call-to-action in your program and track progress.
5. Look to use integrated metrics, like multi-channel.
6. Tell a story by building in metrics for all channels into one measurement scorecard.
What would you add to the list?
Follow Lucia Davis: @LKCDavis.