Earlier this year, Instagram passed the 100 million monthly users mark. According to the photo-sharing giant, 40 million photos are uploaded per day and 8,500 "likes" and 1,000 comments occur every second. Needless to say, this is a social platform communications professionals need to know their way around.
Here are six tips to help PR pros make the most of Instagram.
1) When launching an Instagram campaign, start with a short push, with a clear start and end date. This makes it simple and easy to track.
2) Engage in genuine dialogue. Interacting with other Instagram users is just as important as sharing your own pictures.
3) Team up with bloggers and other influencers that also use Instagram for promotions and contests. Leverage their followers.
4) If your client demands a more professional look to its photos, try third-party editing apps like Snapseed.
5) Adding hashtags to photos is the best way to share photos with more people. Relevant tags help attract new followers who may take a genuine interest in your photos and continue liking and commenting on them over time.
6) Host a contest: It's a quick, easy way to generate and share visual content with existing fans and attract new ones.
The PR News' Pinterest and Instagram webinar is tomorrow! Register today.
Follow Lucia Davis: @LKCDavis