PR News on Wednesday celebrated social media in public relations during its Social Media Icon Awards Luncheon at the Grand Hyatt in New York City. The winners and honorable mentions of the inaugural program celebrated their successes in social channels before more than 200 communications executives. Chatter flowed on the #prawards hashtag on Twitter, and Vine videos were made during the festivities. (View photos from the luncheon.)
Below are six Vine videos from the event. (For the full effect, un-mute each video to hear sound.)
2) Comedia Vanessa Hollingshead got the crowd loosened up with a punchy stand-up routine, focusing on her personal technology problems in the digital age. Although, in this Vine, Hollingshead compares orange juice and...wine.
3) A simple, but intense Vine of the awards program booklet. Viewer beware: headaches may ensue after watching.
4) Hollingshead laments, "I couldn't even figure out how to do the hyperlink to put in on my Facebook, about this event."
5) Jonathan Perelman, VP of Agency Strategy and Development, BuzzFeedDaniel Wordsworth, delivered the luncheon’s Keynote address, focusing on the important of shared content. Here, he says, "social is a mindset, not a trick."
6) A tour of @FinnPartners' three award nominations in the lovely awards program from @AlexandraKirsch.
Folow Bill Miltenberg: @bmiltenberg