The Hispanic population is the fastest growing demographic in the United States.
- Develop a clear understanding about diversity and inclusion in your organization
- It’s about a diversity of ideas and experience, not just race, ethnicity or gender
- Efforts should be driven by executives and not housed as HR function
- Consider it not just a feel-good effort
The important step for PR pros is to understand the statistics that reflect the trends of the Hispanic audience. According to Sroka, it is key for PR pros that are looking to expand their client’s or product’s audience to follow these steps:
- Conduct appropriate research
- Educate yourself on the target market
- Immerse to avoid stereotypes
- Establish clear metrics
The Hispanic market presents great opportunities for brands. If the right steps are taken, a plan to reach this demographic can be integrated in your organization’s business plan, which will pay dividends in the long run.
Follow Jamar Hudson: @jamarhudson