With Chick-fil-A’s same-sex marriage controversy nearly played out, one thing about that crisis that made PR pros pause was the tragic death by heart attack of the restaurant chain’s longtime head of PR, Don Perry. While we don’t know if that controversy and the stress associated it had some bearing on what happened to Perry (the company preferred not to comment), it does bring up the subject of pressures that PR pros face while on the job. In fact, PR executives ranked No. 7 in an infamous list of Top 10 Most Stressful Jobs released in January 2012, sandwiched between event coordinators at No. 6 and corporate executives at No.
PR Pressure Cooker: Balance, Boundaries Key in Handling Stress
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016