Once upon a time, one week separated the NFC and AFC Conference championship games and the Super Bowl. There's nothing really in it for the fans to have to wait two weeks for big game, but for advertisers, those two weeks mean everything. For them, every day is Super Bowl Sunday, as their PR machines build anticipation for their high-priced spots—to the point that the ads themselves become secondary to the conversation around them. This is the time of year when PR and advertising fuse into one big, bad hype machine. And these days, the most powerful PR tactic of all in the lead-up to the Ad—er, Super—Bowl is the video ad teaser, buttressed by social media interaction.
News Hooks, Sneak Peeks Prime PR Pump for Super Bowl Spots
You might also be interested in:
- How Some Brands Are Taking the Gloom Out of Black Friday
- Facebook Responds to Criticism of 'Safety Check' Disparity
- Coca-Cola, KIND Execs Discuss Link Between Products, CSR and Transparency at PRSA Day 2
- How L'Oreal Paris Used Social Media Holiday to Promote CSR Effort
- How CSR Can Help Your Brand Bond With Gen-Z