Winner: Ogilvy & Mather Hong Kong - Chengdu Pambassador
When you think of visiting China, you might consider Beijing, Shanghai or the ancient allure of Xi’an. However, more than likely the Western city of Chengdu is not high on the list of must-see destinations.
That said, the city has been growing quickly and is ready to welcome visitors from around the world. So the challenge for Ogilvy & Mather was to make travelers aware of Chengdu, and to do that the company leveraged the iconic and lovable giant panda.
The company launched a Facebook page to recruit ambassadors for Chengdu pandas, which were given the designation “Pambassadors.” Registered “Pambassadors” were enabled to engage with unique content and online activities. The objective was to identify passionate panda conservationists who were also thought leaders in their circles. And from there it would be the Pambassador’s role to create conversations around the world essentially enlightening people about Chengdu.
In just three months the “Pambassadors” touched over a tenth of the total Facebook community (110 million people). Its Facebook page grew from zero to over 400,000 fans. People Talking About This (PTAT) exceeded 6.8 million actions. And the campaign netted over 1.6 billion media impressions.
- ABC Family - Ravenswood Series Announcement
- Beaman Incorporated and Super Genius for Nielsen's Pair2Share
- Gregory White PR - Beachhouse Wines: Summer in Every Sip
- MGSCOMM/SWAY Public Relations - got milk? Bigote de Leche Blogger Spotlight Series
- Nordic Naturals - Recycled Art Project
- RF|Binder - Talenti: “Share & Reveal” Campaign launches new branding and Flavors
- Weber Shandwick - Right To Play Canada and the Level the Field Campaign