Winner: Hilton Hotels & Resorts – Vacationitis
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of the most recognizable brands in the world. For business travelers of every stripe the hotel chain is synonymous with quality. But Hilton wanted to convert business travelers into leisure guests. The prescription? Vacationitis, a fictitious and humorous disease that business travelers could be suffering from in varying degrees.
Vacationitis is promoted via an interactive website, Hilton Urgent Vacation Care Center. At the heart of the interactive site is a short quiz where visitors can determine their personal diagnoses of vacation needs and receive customized prescriptions urging people to take breaks and vacations. The website also includes several tools designed to engage hotel consumers in a fun way, such as HiltonVIP Newsletter enrollment, social sharing, #Vacationitis Twitter feed and Hilton leisure news and research findings.
The Vacationitis website has resonated with consumers. To wit, there have been nearly 35,000 visits to hilton.com from the Care Center site, with the majority of traffic taking users to pages to book leisure offers, while nearly 7,000 people have signed up for the HiltonVIP Newsletter. In addition, the site has netted more than 20,000 shares, comments and “likes” on Vacationitis Facebook posts.
- American Institute of Certified Accountants - TheWayToCPA Exam & Licensure Section
- Boeing - From Inspiration to Innovation
- PadillaCRT - Turning Blueberries Into Little Blue Dynamos
- Kaiser Permanente - Every Body Walk!
- Marina Maher Communications - Merck Helps College Women Plan It Forward and Consider Long-Acting Contraceptives