The Community Festival at the new Elmhurst Memorial Hospital featured fine Father’s Day family fare, such as musical entertainment and a French farmer’s market. Photo courtesy of Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Organization: Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Timeframe: Dec. 2010 - June 2011 In the highly competitive healthcare market of suburban Chicago—where six hospitals are within six miles of one another—promoting the opening of the new location of a hospital requires going beyond turning on sirens and ambulance lights for a motorcade procession from one location to the next. The new Elmhurst Memorial Hospital created a layered communications approach—via print, radio, broadcast, the Web and social media—around 12 lead-up events to communicate to the surrounding community that it was uprooting to a new, nearby location on June 25, 2011. Throw in having to plan a series of events at a building still under construction and being locked into a less-than-ideal Father’s Day date for a final Community Festival, and you have some PR drama fit for ER or House.
Case Study: Full-Scale PR Campaign Helps Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Survive Transplant to New Facility
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign