Tweets With Bang: The MythBusters Mole gives followers a sneak peak at upcoming experiments on the popular Discovery show. Photo courtesy of Discovery Communications How do you build a captivated audience of more than 500,000 followers hanging on your every tweet, TwitPic and hashtag chat in two years? Discovery Communications did just that with its aggressive Twitter launch for the Discovery Channel’s Emmy-nominated show MythBusters (@MythBusters), aimed at growing the show’s audience and interactivity among its fans. The objectives were to create social media and real-world buzz around MythBuster s episodes, influence tune-in decisions, engage with existing and new fans through real-time, online interaction and build MythBusters ’ pop culture currency among celebrities in the “geek” science space. BEHIND THE SCIENCE Hosted by Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage and co-hosts Tory Belleci, Kari Byron and Grant Imahara, MythBusters is known for its explosive content and curiosity-seeking fan base.
Case Study: Multiple Twitter Touch Points Rocket Discovery Comms’ @MythBusters Into the Engagement Stratosphere
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign