Company: Southwest Airlines Agency: Civic Entertainment Group Timeframe: April 2009 - Present “If you build it, they will come” applies to the Southwest Porch in New York City’s Bryant Park. Created to coincide with the airline’s new service out of LaGuardia Airport, the porch serves as an experiential oasis in bustling Midtown Manhattan. Photo courtesy of Southwest Airlines To publicize its new service out of New York’s LaGuardia Airport and its arrival in an exceedingly competitive and crowded airspace, Southwest Airlines dared to be different. Rather than fade into New York’s endless mirage of tired placement ads, Southwest wanted to make a fresh personal connection with the city’s inhabitants. “We wanted to do something new to introduce Southwest to the New York market,” says Whitney Eichinger, senior manager of public relations at Southwest Airlines.
Case Study: In Promoting Its NYC Service, Southwest Airlines Proves Experiential PR Can Fly With Cool Park Porch
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign