According to Fleishman-Hillard’s 2012 Digital Influence Index, consumers in Canada say the Internet is now more influential in helping them make purchase decisions than family, friends and co-workers (shown above). In the U.S., the Internet is of nearly equal importance to advice from friends, family or colleagues (46% to 47%, respectively).
Internet Now Trumps Friends, Family in Influence
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016