According to Fleishman-Hillard’s 2012 Digital Influence Index, consumers in Canada say the Internet is now more influential in helping them make purchase decisions than family, friends and co-workers (shown above). In the U.S., the Internet is of nearly equal importance to advice from friends, family or colleagues (46% to 47%, respectively).
Internet Now Trumps Friends, Family in Influence
You might also be interested in:
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Chance of Getting an Op-Ed or Letter Published
- Video Driving Increase in Social Sharing
- Leading the Charge: 5 Steps to Get Salespeople on Board With PR
- How to Find Business Value in Instagram With Minimal Financial Investments
- A 6-Step Foundational Approach to Reputation Management Strategy