According to Fleishman-Hillard’s 2012 Digital Influence Index, consumers in Canada say the Internet is now more influential in helping them make purchase decisions than family, friends and co-workers (shown above). In the U.S., the Internet is of nearly equal importance to advice from friends, family or colleagues (46% to 47%, respectively).
Internet Now Trumps Friends, Family in Influence
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros