According to Fleishman-Hillard’s 2012 Digital Influence Index, consumers in Canada say the Internet is now more influential in helping them make purchase decisions than family, friends and co-workers (shown above). In the U.S., the Internet is of nearly equal importance to advice from friends, family or colleagues (46% to 47%, respectively).
Internet Now Trumps Friends, Family in Influence
You might also be interested in:
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets